February 7, 2018—The American Chiropractic Association (ACA) announces the speaker lineup for the general and plenary sessions of the 2018 National Chiropractic Leadership Conference (NCLC), taking place Feb. 28-March 3 in Washington, D.C.
NCLC is ACA’s annual meeting and encompasses a business meeting of the association’s House of Delegates, a congressional reception followed by Advocacy Day on Capitol Hill, education programs, panel discussions, networking events and an expo hall filled with the latest products and services for the chiropractic profession. The conference schedule can be viewed on the NCLC website or on the mobile app available for download on iOS or Android devices on Feb. 15.
This year’s NCLC speakers include:
• Sen. Jon Tester (D-Mont.) – Sen. Tester will be the Congressional Keynote Speaker during the morning session on Thursday, March 1. He was elected to the U.S. Senate in 2006 and again in 2012. He serves on the Veterans’ Affairs, Homeland Security, Indian Affairs, Banking and Appropriations Committees, and is an advocate for small businesses and quality health care for veterans.
• Rep. David Young (R-Iowa) – Rep. Young will be a featured speaker during the morning session on Thursday, March 1. He serves as the U.S. representative for Iowa’s 3rd congressional district, which includes the Des Moines area, having been first elected in the 2014 mid-term elections.
• Rep. Peter Roskam (R-Ill.) – Rep. Roskam will be a featured speaker during the morning session on Thursday, March 1. He is currently in his sixth term of service to the people of the 6th district of Illinois, and was recently named the chairman of the important Ways & Means Health Subcommittee for the remainder of the 115th Congress.
• Margaret Flinter, PhD, APRN – Dr. Flinter, the featured speaker during the NCLC General Session on Friday, March 2., is senior vice president and clinical director of the Community Health Center, Inc. (CHCI), one of the country’s largest federally qualified health centers. She also founded CHCI’s research and development arm, the Weitzman Institute. Her presentation will focus on team based-care and why it is more satisfying and effective for patients and providers alike, as well as the value of chiropractors on the team.
• Stephen Perle, DC – Dr. Perle, who will give the annual McAndrews Leadership Lecture on Saturday, March 3, is professor of clinical sciences in the chiropractic department at the University of Bridgeport College of Chiropractic and has been a faculty member since 1991. He also serves as chairman of ACA’s Research Advisory Board.
“In addition to providing a forum for thought leaders in the legislative and health care arenas, ACA is excited to showcase its new brand—which supports evidence-based, patient-centered and collaborative care—at this action-packed four-day event,” says ACA President David Herd, DC. “It will be an historic event you don’t want to miss.”