Are you weighing your options and wondering what is included with a Dynamic Chiropractic subscription? We’ll take a look into everything this newspaper provides to the chiropractic community and see what the numbers say about how it compares to other leading publications.
The History of Dynamic Chiropractic Newspaper
Dynamic Chiropractic is produced by MPA Media, a company that exclusively serves the alternative health and wellness industry. MPA, which stands for Marketing, Public Relations, and Advertising, was founded in 1976. Dynamic Chiropractic was first published in 1982.
The Dynamic Chiropractic newspaper is one of three publications produced by MPA, which also include Acupuncture Today and To Your Health. Each of these publications also have online offerings through their respective websites.
The MPA Media website reports that between the three publications in both print and digital, their content reaches more than 80,000 readers and another 250,000 unique visitors online every month. We’ll touch on the significance of statistics like these in our comparison below.
Total market coverage in alternative health and wellness is the stated goal of MPA Media, through the different marketing services and media products provided. They cater to providers themselves, chiropractic industry suppliers, as well as the individual consumer. The content can be accessed by print, digital, website, newsletters, and other electronic means.
MPA serves as a resource for DCs to make purchasing decisions regarding their practice and for advertisers to have an opportunity to present a strong case for value to their preferred audience within the variety of content MPA produces.
What Information is Provided With Dynamic Chiropractic?
Dynamic Chiropractic has its online content divided into seven different sections, each targeting a particular segment with a few sections that have overlapping content. These sections include:
- The publication: On the website, you can access the current issue of Dynamic Chiropractic newspaper, as well as archives for the publication. Here, you can also search for individual columnists who contribute to the newspaper. Within the publication itself, you’ll find original articles, sponsored content, advertisements, and more.
- Reader Services: This section of the website is intended for subscribers. You can contact the editorial team, sign up to receive Dynamic Chiropractic, update your information, see a calendar of events, and access classified ads.
- Newsletters: These come in six different forms, including “News Alert,” “News Update,” “To Your Health” (Dynamic Chiropractic sister publication), “Deals and Events,” “DC Exclusives,” and “Client Branded Exclusives.” Each of these categories presents a new application that can be subscribed to independently of the others.
- Webinars: To get access to the limited seats of the Dynamic Chiropractic webinars, you’ll need to sign up and register in advance. However, you can still access past webinars in their archives going back as far as 2008. Most of the webinars are sponsored by a different chiropractic product or service offering.
- Consumer Corner: In this section, you’ll find information for the everyday consumer interested in chiropractic care. There’s general information about chiropractic therapy, help with finding a local DC, a wellness blog, and links to sister publications.
- Resources: The general resources offered include free e-book downloads and the digital edition frequently asked questions. Like the webinars, the e-books currently available are sponsored by product or service providers.
- Advertising: For chiropractic product and service advertisers, there’s a resource for you, but you’ll need to work with Dynamic Chiropractic’s parent company, MPA. MPA has a listing of different integrated services that we’ll touch on a little later.
How to Sign Up for Dynamic Chiropractic
The Dynamic Chiropractic newspaper offers a free subscription if you are a licensed chiropractor who is currently practicing within the U.S. An online subscription application is available for chiropractors to provide their basic personal information and license information. A DC can then choose if they wish to get registered with a Dynamic Chiropractic newspaper affiliator – Chiroweb Locator. From there, they can choose to also sign up for Dynamic Chiropractic’s various email newsletters.
Dynamic Chiropractic does have an option for individuals who are not currently licensed and practicing DCs in the form of a paid subscription model. The current listed price for a paid annual subscription is $60 and includes one new issue each month.
Comparing Dynamic Chiropractic Subscription To Others
Now we’ll look at the most common elements used to gauge how effective a magazine is at reaching and engaging a particular segment within the chiropractic industry.
The three most common measures you’ll see with periodicals primarily center around circulation, or how widely the issues are distributed to subscribers. Circulation numbers help dictate the programmatic reach of a particular publication. These are usually seen on local, regional, and national tiers.
Here’s a comparison of the Dynamic Chiropractic subscription numbers:
- Average Annual Circulation: This measure is how many issues get distributed to subscribers within the span of a year. Based on our comparison of leading chiropractic magazines/newspapers, Dynamic Chiropractic ranks third in this category with 354,066 in average annual circulation. For comparison, The American Chiropractor ranks first with 604,824 and Chiropractic Economics ranks second with 571,480.
- Average Per Issue Circulation: This is the average count for how many copies of each issue are circulated to subscribers. The comparison shows that Dynamic Chiropractic holds second place in this category with a 29,506 average per issue circulation. This is a slight edge over Chiropractic Economics at 28,574 but well short of The American Chiropractor at 50,042.
- Average Requested Readership Per Issue: This is a measure that is highly indicative of how well a magazine is doing at reaching and engaging its audience. That’s because this number is how many readers the advertisers expect an issue to achieve. Readership is how many individuals actually consume the periodical, not just how many receive it in blanket circulation. Chiropractic Economics’s requested readership per issue is impressive at 23,020, a figure that’s been independently verified by the BPA. Dynamic Chiropractic did not have this information readily available for our comparison.
- Programmatic Reach: Remember that circulation data can help define a publication’s programmatic reach. For most of the magazines/newspapers in our comparison, the circulation demographics suggest a regional mix based on a lack of widespread saturation. Chiropractic Economics is the only magazine in our comparison who presented a truly national programmatic reach.
To achieve apples-to-apples comparisons in a world that’s shifted towards digital offerings is to look at the key performance indicators in digital media. Some of the best indicators for digital effectiveness include social media likes/followers and how many unique visitors a website attracts each month.
- Facebook Likes: As a platform with almost 3 billion monthly active users, this behemoth is simply too big for businesses to ignore. In our comparison, Dynamic Chiropractic runs third among the big four in Facebook likes with 4,646. Comparatively, Chiropractic Economics has 15,680 Facebook likes.
- Twitter Followers: With hundreds of millions of active users, Twitter is another program that has a vast reach and allows for businesses to interact with followers in a different way. Dynamic Chiropractic edged past The American Chiropractor to reach second with 2,236 Twitter followers. Ranking first, Chiropractic Economics leads this category by a wide margin with 9,263 Twitter followers, a figure that’s more than double that of the three other publications’ followers combined.
- Unique Web Visits Monthly: With nine out of 10 Americans now owning a smartphone (Pew Research), every business needs to have an active website that attracts visitors with engaging and relevant content. According to the circulation numbers on MPA Media’s website, all three of their publications’ websites (Dynamic Chiropractic, Acupuncture Today, and To Your Health) reach a combined total of approximately 250,000 unique online visitors monthly.
This information was not available for the individual newspaper Dynamic Chiropractic, but for comparison, Chiropractic Economics on its own has 566,431 average unique web visits monthly.
Dynamic Chiropractic’s Services
Listed on the MPA website are the different services the publication offers under “integrated services.” These are services that advertisers can use to get their products and services in front of the right audience. The strongest publications will be able to provide segmented targets for advertisers with pinpoint accuracy.
A few of the different services Dynamic Chiropractic/MPA Media provides include:
- Print & Digital Advertising
- Web Advertising
- Lead Generation
- Email Marketing
- List Rental Services
- Insert Advertising
- Event Calendars
- Custom Publishing
- Market Research
Get the Most-Trusted Editorial in Chiropractic
From the most informative articles and in-depth interviews with industry experts, to cutting-edge products and taking patient care to a whole new level, Chiropractic Economics leads the pack with issues DCs actually want to read about. See for yourself why so many in the chiropractic industry trust Chiropractic Economics for the insights needed to lead a successful practice. Start a new subscription today.