July 26, 2010 — Dr. S.K. Dash, founder and president of UAS Laboratories Inc., recently established an endowment at South Dakota State University (SDSU) for the College of Nutrition and Food Science to provide funding for research, scholarships, and new programs.
The SDSU Foundation and the College of Nutrition, Food Science and Hospitality look forward to working with Dr. Dash on new research and academic programs. Academic and Research Programs currently under consideration include:
• Masters Program in Clinical Nutrition
• Certificate or Masters Program in Regulatory Affairs with a focus on nutraceuticals
• Research in the field of Probiotics Applications
• Research in Probiotic Clinical Effects
• Certificate Program in Probiotics
• International Probiotics Symposium
SDSU is the largest university in South Dakota. As a Land Grant University, SDSU is dedicated to basic and applied research. The university is a leader in research with programs in nutrition and food science.
Dash received his PhD in Nutrition and Biochemistry from South Dakota State University in Brookings, S.D. where he is currently an adjunct professor of nutrition and food science. Dash is the founder, president and research director of UAS Laboratories.
Source: UAS Laboratories, www.uaslabs.com