May 19, 2016—Sherman College of Chiropractic welcomes future doctors of chiropractic to campus four times a year for its popular “Showcase Sherman” event, where guests will discover why Fast Company, Forbes, Career Cast and other organizations repeatedly name chiropractic as a top job and see what sets Sherman apart as a leader in chiropractic education. The remaining 2016 Showcase Sherman weekends will be held July 22-23 and October 21-22. Registration is open for the July event.
According to the Bureau of Labor and Statistics, chiropractic employment opportunities are growing much faster than average for all occupations. Employment of chiropractors is expected to increase by 17 percent this decade. Sherman College’s Doctor of Chiropractic program is unique in its approach to health care and known globally for producing doctors who are highly skilled in their delivery of chiropractic care.
Showcase Sherman Weekend is a two-day event for prospective students and college advisors. This weekend is designed to ignite a passion for leadership as well as help students begin their pursuit of an exciting career in the health and wellness field of chiropractic.
During Showcase Sherman, visitors will tour Sherman’s campus, including the on-campus Chiropractic Health Center. They will talk with current students about the curriculum and learn about the academic program, campus community, financial aid and housing options.
Highlights from the weekend include:
· A welcome session with Sherman College President Dr. Edwin Cordero
· Leadership experiences geared toward preparing students to be confident and effective leaders through team building, planning, and decision making
· Palpation demonstration given by Sherman faculty members and leading interns
· Passion-filled discussions with currently practicing chiropractors and alumni
· A campus tour including Sherman’s Chiropractic Health Center, which serves the local community with approximately 30,000 patient visits each year
· Personalized “Spartanburg Living” tour of downtown and several local apartment complexes
Showcase events are available once a quarter. The college also hosts personalized tours and visits to campus each week. For more information about visiting Sherman College, call Emily Wood at 864-578-8770, ext. 271, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://www.sherman.edu/showcase/.
Source: Sherman College