Use these promotional techniques to get in front of new audiences
Even the busiest practices sometimes need new energy and fresh interest. Blending-in with what your community and your patients already expect from your clinic doesn’t always help you find more patients and grow your practice.
Could your clinic use some new buzz and excitement? Here’s a few unusual tips to build your community’s enthusiasm for your organization.
1. Hold a contest
Get your community excited and engaged with your clinic by having a contest. Try a giveaway for patients who get the most referrals for your practice or host a fitness competition on social media, for instance. With the right combination of engagement and promotion on social channels, you can get community members involved in the contest and generate excitement among your current patients.
A few contest ideas:
- A raffle for a local gift card
- Fitness competition held in partnership with a local gym
- Referral contest
- A fun poll-style “contest” where fans of your page can vote for their favorites
See if your local paper could add your contest to their community calendar. If you pick a big enough contest, you may even charge a participation or entry fee and find local businesses to partner with. Having your name on a contest could generate fun buzz for your clinic.
2. Be unique
Emphasizing a specialty can help your practice stand out. Perhaps you earned an emphasis in sports chiropractic care, for instance, that you can focus on and use to bring in more patients. See if there’s anything that sets your practice apart and go all-in.
Just a few specialty ideas:
- Integrate your specialty into your brand name or advertising
- Emphasize one or two specialties in your marketing, such as back pain or care after car accidents
- Partner with another clinic such as a physical therapy practice and get new referrals for specific cases
- Find continuing education courses if you need to learn more about a specific area of chiropractic care before you feel comfortable listing it as a specialty
- Consider researching and publishing a book in a specific area in order to help establish your expertise in that topic
Standing out as a specialist may enable you to be more competitive even if your community has other chiropractic clinics. If you’re not already a specialist, think of ways you could integrate more specialty work into your practice.
3. Make videos
Video marketing is engaging and works well with other marketing strategies. It’s made-for-social media and can draw-in outside viewers. Online venues such as the Facebook Live make it easy to create and save videos on your social media channels. A YouTube channel can help you find new audiences and possibly even win some fame for your clinic, too.
You may want to create introductory videos for new patients, a video walkthrough of your clinic, or a regular video blog answering patient questions.
4. Become an expert
You’re already an expert as a chiropractor, but becoming an influencer online takes this one step further. If there’s a particular specialty or if you’re passionate about a specific area of chiropractic care, then showcasing your expertise may take your clinic to new levels.
With expert status, you can promote your clinic beyond your local area and sell other products such as newsletters, books and online programs. You can even design online courses in topics such as nutrition or weight loss. Just be sure to check local, state and federal laws to ensure your online services and products are fully compliant and legal.
5. Get media attention
By becoming a source for articles, you can win your clinic media attention. You don’t have to be a celebrity to have your business and your advice featured in an article. Journalists and writers often can’t find enough sources. You’re doing them a huge favor by contributing your time and expertise.
Here are a few places to find journalists:
- HARO (Help a Reporter Out): This is a daily digest of source requests from journalists. You can sign up for a plan for about $19 a month and get in front of media requests. You can filter results for a specific keyword such as “chiropractic” and just respond to the requests that interest you. Often, HARO users need several experts for a single article, so there’s a reasonable chance of finding an opportunity.
- LinkedIn: Of course, you can also look for journalist profiles on LinkedIn and message them to see if they’re interested in connecting with you. As long as you’re polite and carefully research who you’re connecting with, you should be able to find some writers who might be interested. Make sure you’re reaching out to writers who’ve already quoted chiropractors or written about chiropractic, or else your recipients may believe you’re spamming them.
- Existing articles: If you find a great article, consider reaching out to the author.
Becoming a helpful source can go a long way towards building your media presence.
Bring energy to your practice
With these unique strategies, you can set your own clinic apart and get patients excited about your practice.
New energy can enable you to do so much more with your chiropractic practice.
- Dizon, A. 35 Best Medical Marketing Ideas for Your Practice 2018. FitSmallBusiness. https://fitsmallbusiness.com/medical-practice-marketing/. Published: June 2018. Accessed: May 2019.
- Mudbug Media. 50 Ways to Market Your Medical Practice (New & Expanded for 2019!). https://www.p3inbound.com/blog/50-ways-market-medical-practice/. Published: March 2019. Accessed: May 2019