May 18, 2010 — Premium Probiotic Blends containing the super strain, Lactobacillus acidophilus DDS-1 have demonstrated condition-specific health benefits.
A recent clinical case study demonstrated the effectiveness of the probiotic blend containing L. acidophilus DDS-1, Bifidobacterium longum, Bifidobacterium lactis and Bifidobacterium bifidum in treating irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
A clinical study published last year demonstrated effectiveness of the L. acidophilus DDS-1, B. lactis blend in reducing the symptoms of atopic dermatitis in young children.
The health attributes of L. acidophilus DDS-1 have been well documented and include:
• Human isolates that adapt well to the human body
• Acid and bile resistance that make it well-suited for intestinal survival
• Ability to promote digestive health
• Creates an unfavorable environment for pathogens
• Maintains natural immune defenses
• Contributes to good balance of intestinal flora
Lactobacillus acidophilus DDS-1 is a unique endogenous human isolate extensively researched and protected by U.S. patent and Trademark and manufactured and marketed by UAS Laboratories Inc.
Since 1979, L. acidophilus DDS-1 strain has been marketed worldwide as an effective probiotic strain. It has been the subject of a variety of in vitro, human and animal studies for more than 40 years.
The focus of the efficacy research on this strain has been on its nutritional, antibacterial, antipathogenic, anticarcinogenic and antiallergic properties. The antibacterial substance, acidophilin, produced by L. acidophilus DDS-1, has been demonstrated to inhibit more than 26 different pathogenic strains.
Lactobacillus acidophilus DDS-1 is available as a high count freeze-dried material taking advantage of UAS Laboratories’ latest stability innovation. This probiotic superstrain is suitable for applications in dietary supplements, food and beverages.
Four tested blends containing L. acidophilus DDS-1 are now available:
1. DDS Probiotic Blend No. 1 containing L. acidophilus DDS-1, Bifidobacterium longum plus FOS (5 billion CFU/gram)
2. DDS Probiotic Blend No. 2 containing L. acidophilus DDS-1, B. lactis plus FOS (5 billion CFU/gram)
3. DDS Probiotic Blend No. 3 containing L. acidophilus DDS-1, B. longum, B. lactis, B. bifidum plus FOS (10 billion CFU/gram)
4. DDS Probiotic Blend No. 4 containing Lactobacillus acidophilus DDS-1 plus FOS (fructooligosaccharides) – 5 billion CFU/gram
Source: UAS Laboratories, www.uaslabs.com