July 19, 2017—MacPractice, Inc. released MacPractice’s next generation practice management and clinical software, macOS Sierra and El Capitan compatible MacPractice DC Gen 7 for chiropractors. Compatible versions of MacPractice’s interoperating Patient Check In, Clipboard and iEHR Apps for iPad are on Apple’s App Store for Gen 7 users.
MacPractice users are highly satisfied with MacPractice’s products and services. MacPractice DDS has one of the highest user satisfaction percentages (92 percent) across several key criteria including return on investment, clinical, business, and overall satisfaction and was given the CR Choice designation in the March 2017 issue of the independent Clinicians Report. The full report can be viewed on MacPractice.com. Also, users gave MacPractice software glowing reviews at the MacPractice User Conference in July 2017.
Features and capabilities of MacPractice make it particularly well-suited for use in a private practice or clinic. Some key features include:
- Built in AES encryption of data at rest and in motion and AES encrypted and unique password as required by HIPAA to qualify for Safe Harbor
- Low Total Cost of Ownership
- Saves $1000s on onsite IT servicesa
- Integrated MacPractice EMR and EHR/iEHR for iPad for all specialties
- ONC-ACB 2014 Certification as required for 2017 and now 2018
- Integrated word processing (patient communication, correspondence, etc.)
- Built in digital imaging capture and viewing capability
- Numerous co-developed macOS native digital imaging solutions with panoramic, cephalometric, cone beam, sensor, phosphor plate, endoscopic equipment and cameras
- Bridges to most Windows imaging solutions
- Integrated DirectTrust secure messaging: doctor – patient and doctor – doctor
- Integrated network efax
- Patient Portal (Certified and non-certified)
- Online Registration and EHR Forms
- Online Scheduling
- Built in 2-click reputation marketing
- Built in automated appointment reminders
- Built in marketing (including innovative birthday emails with birthday song)
A native macOS software, MacPractice is not vulnerable to PC viruses, ransomware like Wanna Cry, Petya, etc. and other PC malware infecting users of Windows software and which have infected prominent cloud practice management software like Greenway Health.
Today 61 percent of companies offer employees a choice of computer platform, and 73-80 percent of their employees prefer for Macs. 80 percent of millennials prefer Macs. Macs represent to patients the highest level of technology and security in a doctor’s office.
When IBM permitted Macs, contrary to their decades-old IT policy, they discovered every Mac saves $535 over 4 years. PC users call for support 8X more than Mac users, and require 5.4X more onsite support.
“We’ve always known that using Macs in a doctor’s office is a money-saving proposition because of quality, ease of use, dependability, etc., but we are excited that IBM has proven that PCs are 3X more expensive to manage than Macs,” said Mark Hollis, MacPractice’s CEO. “MacPractice users typically spend no more than a few hundred dollars a year on IT support, while Windows users spend $6-13,000 in a medium-sized practice. Our users thousands yearly, and their patients’ data is more secure with automatic virus protection, security and full disk encryption built into macOS. Unlike Windows, both macOS operating system and security are free.”
MacPractice DC is a multi-discipline, multispecialty application that interoperates with MacPractice’s iOS native Patient Check In, Clipboard and iEHR Apps for the Apple iPad.
MacPractice’s 135 employees support 30,000 users in 30 countries, primarily in the US and Canada, and provide onsite and remote training as well as training in their national training center in the Haymarket in downtown Lincoln.
MacPractice Practice Consultants are full time field representatives who provide sales presentations, installation and training services and on site consultation. Most of them have more than 25 years’ experience advising and working with doctors who prefer to use Macs, working exclusively with MacPractice. Their business is dedicated to servicing MacPractice customers and prospective customers.
To learn more about MacPractice, its products and services, and to see demos of MacPractice software in operation, please register at MacPractice.com.