January 27, 2012 — Dr. Norman W. Kettner, professor and chair of the radiology department at Logan College of Chiropractic/University Programs, reports that Logan’s Radiology Department has published original ultrasound research papers or case studies in four different ultrasound journals over a span of three years.
Kettner believes that no other chiropractic institution has authored papers in the diagnostic ultrasound discipline. The research papers and their authors are:
- Cho JC, Haun DW, Kettner NW. Sonographic evaluation of the greater occipital nerve in unilateral occipital neuralgia. J Ultrasound Med. 2012 Jan;31(1):37-42.
- Cho JC, Haun DW, Kettner NW, Scali F, Clark TB. Sonography of the normal greater occipital nerve and obliquus capitis inferior muscle. J Clin Ultrasound. 2010 Jul;38(6):299-304.
- Haun DW, Cho JC, Kettner NW. Normative cross-sectional area of the C5-C8 nerve roots using ultrasonography. Ultrasound Med Biol. 2010 Sep;36(9):1422-30.
- Haun DW, Cho JC, Kettner NW. Symptomatic plantar fibroma with a unique sonographic appearance. J Clin Ultrasound. 2012 Feb;40(2):112-4.
- Kaeser MA, Haun DW, Cho JC, Kettner NW. Hydrocele in the canal of Nuck. J Med Ultrasound. 2011 Dec;19(4):138-40.
Source: Logan College of Chiropractic, logan.edu