Sponsor: The Student Loan Eraser
Date: Tuesday, October 2nd at 2 pm EST.
Speaker: Dr. Ian Hoffman
Key Webinar Points:
- Dr. Hoffman’s Background: How and why he became a student loan expert
- 2 ways to save BIG on student loans
- Enroll in the best repayment plan. Most repayment plans offer 20-25-year terms. That means just reducing your monthly payment by $50/mo would keep up to $15K in your pocket.
- UPDATE: On June 30, 2023 the Dept. of Ed. released a new IDR plan called SAVE which offers the lowest payment and best terrms.
- Qualify for as much student loan forgiveness as possible.
- 2 types of student loan forgiveness
About the Speaker: Dr. Ian Hoffman
Dr. Ian Hoffman is a second-generation Chiropractor, nonprofit founder, and CEO of the Student Loan Eraser. Ian was honored as Alumni of the Year by Life Chiropractic College West in 2013 for making invaluable contributions to the Chiropractic community and inspiring several friends and patients to become Chiropractors.
It was also in 2013 that a pregnant mom came to Ian’s office as a new patient and brought her 4-year-old daughter to the appointment. This little girl had stage 4 cancer. It had always been Ian’s policy to take care of people regardless of their financial situation, but this brave and beautiful girl sparked something powerful within him on a personal level. He was inspired to create a nonprofit organization to expand access to care for more people in need.
Shortly after starting the nonprofit, Dr. Hoffman discovered the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program which will erase student debt tax-free in less than half the time of the Income-Driven Repayment plans. Ian was able to qualify for PSLF and the Student Loan Eraser program was born.
Ian now teaches Chiropractors how to expand access to their care, qualify for PSLF, and get their student loans erased. The Student Loan Eraser program has helped hundreds of doctors start nonprofits and qualify for an expected $100 million in student loan forgiveness and counting!
The best part is, as of December 2021 that little girl who inspired Dr. Hoffman’s nonprofit is 7 years cancer free!