March 13, 2008 — The American Chiropractic Association (ACA) is now offering the DC-MD/DO Referral Program. The online program offers tips, templates, and a step-by-step guide to assist DCs in developing an interdisciplinary referral system.
The program includes:
• Four sample letters of introduction;
• A list of suggested research to include with the initial MD/DO contact;
• A description of initial phone contact;
• A list of CA responsibilities;
• Two sample referral cards;
• A template for a list of contracted insurance companies;
• A sample patient-release form; and
• A sample final-report letter.
The program is available at www.acatoday.org/mdreferral and is free for all ACA members.
Source: American Chiropractic Association, www.acatoday.org