November 26, 2013 — Standard Process Inc., a proud supporter of the chiropractic profession, donated $2,000 to help preserve the Gonstead Clinic of Chiropractic in Mount Horeb, Wis.
The 90-year-old clinic is a special part of the state’s chiropractic history. Charles C. DuBois, president of Standard Process, led a group of 57 Standard Process customers made up of chiropractic doctors and guests to deliver the donation in person.
“The donation from Standard Process is greatly appreciated by the C.S. Gonstead Chiropractic Foundation,” said Dianne Gordon, Gonstead clinic manager. “The foundation will use this support to help preserve this important piece of architectural and chiropractic history.”
The foundation established an endowment fund, with the goal of raising three million dollars over the next five years, to finance ongoing restoration processes at the clinic. The project includes repairing the building’s foundation. On Aug. 30, Standard Process organized a tour and visit of the clinic during the whole food supplement company’s 110th Harley Davidson Anniversary Celebration. DuBois presented the donation during the visit.
Clarence Gonstead, DC, opened his clinic in 1923. Located on Main Street in downtown Mount Horeb, Gonstead’s was one of the first chiropractic clinics not in a home. Through the Gonstead Seminars, Gonstead taught fellow chiropractors his innovative adjustment technique called the Gonstead technique. As the Gonstead Seminars and technique grew in popularity, so did the need for more space.
Designed by Wisconsin architect John Steinman, AIA, the second Gonstead Clinic is located outside of downtown Mount Horeb. Completed in 1964, the clinic had 11 adjusting rooms, a reception area large enough to seat 100 people, a laboratory, and conference rooms to hold Gonstead Seminars.
The Gonstead Preservation Group welcomes support for conservation and preservation. For additional information, contact Gary Pennebaker, DC, at 952-941-2225.
Source: Standard Process