June 26, 2017—September is designated Drug-Free Pain Management Awareness Month by the Society for Healthcare Strategy & Market Development (SHSMD) on the American Hospital Association official health care calendar.
Sponsored by the Foundation for Chiropractic Progress, this nationwide annual campaign is critical in raising public awareness of chiropractic care as the preferred first-line approach to safe and effective management of low back, neck and musculoskeletal pain.
It’s our opportunity to position chiropractic care as an important response to prescription opioid use and abuse that leads to addiction and catastrophic outcomes — 91 Americans die every day from an opioid overdose
80 percent of drug abusers begin the downward spiral with prescription painkillers…YOU HAVE THE SOLUTION!
Support the campaign, Save Lives. Stop Opioid Abuse. Choose Chiropractic. Click here: http://www.f4cp.com/pledge/tosavelives.php.
5,000 DCs @ Donations of $200 = More media, more coverage, and greater awareness of chiropractic care — and your local practice.
Plans & Events for Drug-Free Pain Management Awareness Month
A month-long series of activities and media events will provide education and information that:
- Helps Saves Lives: choose chiropractic care before taking prescription opioids;
- Position the chiropractic profession: first-line approach for drug-free pain management.
Take these immediate steps to leverage the campaign and enhance your local practice:
- Request your local Mayor and/or City Council, Chamber of Commerce or other civic organization to sponsor a formal Resolution commemorating the month of September 2017 as Drug-Free Pain Management Awareness Month.
- Collaborate with your State Association to have a State Representative sponsor a formal Resolution in the State Legislature.
Below are links to the suggested letter and resolution:
- Letter: http://www.f4cp.com/files/resources/5.24.17-legislator-letter.pdf.
- Resolution: http://www.f4cp.com/files/resources/5.24.17-resolution.pdf.
- Notify your local media with a press release on August 29, and letter to the editor form the State Association or individual doctors commemorating September 2017 as Drug-Free Pain Management Awareness Month.
- Link to Release for Individual Doctor to Customize and Distribute: http://www.f4cp.com/files/resources/8.29.17SeptMonthDoctors.pdf
- Link to Release for State Association to Customize and Distribute: http://www.f4cp.com/files/resources/8.29.17SeptMonthStates.pdf
- Print and display copies of the Resolution in your office and share on social media.
What we will do nationally — combined with your local activities — will elevate public awareness and utilization of chiropractic care as the optimal approach to pain management that averts opioid use and abuse.
As always, thank you for your time and continued support in helping to raise positive awareness about the benefits of chiropractic care.