Addressing legislative issues and changes in states, ChiroHealthUSA is offering three upcoming webinars for U.S. chiropractors:
- SBA Disaster Relief/Tax Credits & Rebates For Chiropractors
- Strategy for your COVID-19 Response
- COVID-19: What Employers Need to Know About the Families First Coronavirus Response Act
“We are hosting additional webinars this week to answer questions that we are receiving from our providers across the country,” says ChiroHealthUSA’s Kristi Hudson. “We will be updating our webinar page with each new webinar as they are announced in the coming weeks. All of these webinars will be recorded and available to view after the live presentation.”
March 25, 2pm EDT — SBA Disaster Relief/Tax Credits & Rebates For Chiropractors
Certified tax coach Don Rasmussen will take participants through:
- SBA Disaster Relief Guidelines, how you can apply on your own, or who to contact if you need assistance
- Families First Corona Virus Response Act, what is it and how does it impact you
- Tax Rebates from 2016-2018, what you need to know
Registration Link: https://event.webinarjam.com/register/13/l93wlhp
March 26, 2:15pm EDT — Strategy for your COVID-19 Response
Scott Munsterman, DC, FICC, CEO and founder of Best Practices Academy will help participants deploy an action plan for the COVID-19 response and layout a strategy for building clinical business. Participants will learn to:
- Create a safe clinical environment during COVID-19
- Use telehealth to maintain continuity care with established patients & learn how to code/bill for this service
- COVID-19 Public Health effort — Outreach to your patient base to inform and check in on them
Registration Link: https://event.webinarjam.com/register/12/xx68wak
March 27, 1pm EDT — COVID-19: What Employers Need to Know About the Families First Coronavirus Response Act
Presenters Joseph E. Gumina, Erica N. Reib, and Kelly S. Kuglitsch will take attendees through the latest law changes in regard to COVID-19, chiropractic employers and employees.
On March 18, 2020, President Trump signed into law the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) that expands FMLA rights, including 10 weeks of paid FMLA leave and also provides eligible employees with up to 80 hours of paid sick leave who are impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Employees’ entitlement to expanded FMLA rights and paid sick leave goes into effect on April 2, 2020, and applies to all employers employing fewer than 500 employees. This means that even small employers, those with fewer than 50 employees, who never had to comply with the FMLA will now be required to provide expanded FMLA leave entitlement as well as paid sick leave to their eligible employees.
Join the employment law team from the law firm of O’Neil, Cannon, Hollman, DeJong & Laing S.C. as they discuss what businesses need to know about the newly expanded employment rights for employees impacted by COVID-19.
The presentation will discuss:
- HR Policies that Address the Impact of COVID-19 in the Workplace
- Compliance Issues for the Emergency Family and Medical Leave Act
- Compliance Issues for Emergency Paid Sick Leave Act
- Potential Errors Employers Can Make in Group Health Plan Administration Relative to Expanded FMLA Rights
- Key Provisions in the CARES Act to Increase Access to 401(k) Plan Loans and Hardship Distributions
- Tax Credits for Providing Expanded FMLA Paid Leave or Emergency Paid Sick Leave
Registration Link: https://event.webinarjam.com/register/14/74yz2i4
For more upcoming webinars, updates, resources and articles on coronavirus for doctors of chiropractic from Chiropractic Economics go to chiroeco.com/coronavirus-covid-19.