Performance Health held its 17th annual Scientific Advisory Committee meeting (known as TRAC) in Vancouver, Canada. Seventeen researchers and clinicians, representing five countries and expertise in physical therapy, chiropractic, exercise science, athletic training, and massage therapy, presented their research on Performance Health products, including TheraBand, Biofreeze, and Cramer brands.
“Our Scientific Advisory Committee brings the latest research to us that helps clinicians make evidence-led decisions, which ultimately benefits patients and clients,” said Phil Page, PhD, global director of clinical education and research for Performance Health. “This group represents the commitment of Performance Health to research and education over the past 17 years.”
The 2015 Scientific Advisory Committee members are:
- Lacy Alexander, PhD, Penn State University, State College, PA, USA
- Lars L. Andersen, PhD, National Research Centre for Working Environment, Copenhagen, Denmark
- David Behm, PhD, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St. Johns, Newfoundland, Canada
- Barton N. Bishop, DPT, SCS, CKTI, TPI CGFI-MP2, CSCS, Sport & Spine Rehab, Washington, DC, USA
- Tony Brosky, PT, DHS, SCS, Bellarmine University, Louisville, KY, USA
- Duane Button, PhD, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St. Johns, Newfoundland, Canada
- Juan Carlos Colado, PhD, University of Valencia, Valencia, Spain
- Jeff Forman, PhD, BCTMB, Professor Emeritus, De Anza College, Cupertino, CA, USA
- Jay Greenstein, DC, Sport & Spine Rehab, Fort Washington, MD, USA
- Barbara Hoogenboom, EdD, PT, SCS, ATC, Grand Valley State University, Allendale, MI, USA
- Andre Labbe, PT, Owner, Total Package Performance, LLC, New Orleans, LA, USA
- Michael Rogers, PhD, CSCS, FACSM, Wichita State University, Wichita, KS, USA
- Mary Sanders, PhD, FACSM, RCEP, CDE, University of Nevada, Reno, NV, USA
- Robert Topp, PhD, RN, University of San Diego, San Diego, CA, USA
- Timothy Tyler, MS, PT, ATC, PRO Sports Physical Therapy, Scarsdale, NY, USA
- Michael Voight, PT, DHSc, OCS, SCS, ATC, CSCS, TP1-3, FAPTA, Belmont University School of Physical Therapy, Nashville, TN, USA
- Leo Y.L. Wang, PT, MPH, PhD, Department of Rehabilitation Medicine of First Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat-sen University, Guangzhou, China
The research presented at the annual meeting focused on TheraBand CLX Consecutive Loops and TheraBand Kinesiology Tape with XactStretch technology. The CLX research concentrated on force characteristics of CLX Loops, biomechanical analysis of CLX exercises, integration of CLX Loops with deep tissue massage, and strengthening outcomes in fitness with CLX Loops.
The TheraBand Kinesiology Tape research focused on skin blood flow following kinesiology tape application, adhesive properties of kinesiology tapes, and the effectiveness of kinesiology tape in various patients.
Download the TRAC 2015 Conference Proceedings here.
Read the TRAC 2015 Research Abstracts here.
Source: Performance Health