International committee adds to the body of research supporting TheraBand, Biofreeze, and Cramer products.
January 6, 2015 — Eighteen individuals were appointed to Performance Health Academy’s 2015 Scientific Advisory Committee (SAC), representing five countries and expertise in physical therapy, chiropractic, exercise science, athletic training, and massage therapy. The SAC meets once a year at its annual TRAC meeting to present research and findings on TheraBand, Biofreeze, and Cramer Sports Medicine products.
The 2015 Scientific Advisory Committee members, who exemplify diversity in both disciplines and cultures, are as follows:
- Lacy Alexander, PhD, Pennsylvania State University, State College, Pennsylvania, USA
- Lars L. Andersen, PhD, National Research Centre for Working Environment, Copenhagen, Denmark
- David Behm, PhD, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St. Johns, Newfoundland, Canada
- Barton N. Bishop, DPT, SCS, CKTI, TPI CGFI-MP2, CSCS, Sport & Spine Rehab, Washington, D.C., USA
- Tony Brosky, PT, DHS, SCS, Bellarmine University, Louisville, Kentucky, USA
- Duane Button, PhD, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St. Johns, Newfoundland, Canada
- Juan Carlos Colado, PhD, University of Valencia, Valencia, Spain
- Todd S. Ellenbecker, DPT, MS, SCS, OCS, CSCS, Physiotherapy Associates, Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
- Jeff Forman, PhD, BCTMB, Professor Emeritus, De Anza College, Cupertino, California, USA
- Jay Greenstein, DC, Sport & Spine Rehab, Fort Washington, Maryland, USA
- Barbara Hoogenboom, EdD, PT, SCS, ATC, Grand Valley State University, Allendale, Michigan
- Andre Labbe, PT, Owner, Total Package Performance, LLC, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
- Michael Rogers, PhD, CSCS, FACSM, Wichita State University, Wichita, Kansas, USA
- Mary Sanders, PhD, FACSM, RCEP, CDE, University of Nevada, Reno, Nevada, USA
- Robert Topp, PhD, RN, Marquette University, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
- Timothy Tyler, MS, PT, ATC, PRO Sports Physical Therapy, Scarsdale, New York, USA
- Michael Voight, PT, DHSc, OCS, SCS, ATC, CSCS, TP1-3, FAPTA, Belmont University School of Physical Therapy, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
- Leo Y.L. Wang, PT, MPH, PhD, Department of Rehabilitation Medicine of First Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat-sen University, Guangzhou, China
“I’m very proud of the distinguished group serving as our advisory committee, now in its seventeenth year. At last year’s annual TRAC meeting, 26 research projects were presented,” said Phil Page, PhD, PT, ATC, CSCS, FACSM, global director of clinical education and research for Performance Health. “In addition to the significant body of research presented, last year’s members published over 22 papers and abstracts, including nine collaborative projects during a 12-month period.
“Over the past 16 years, we have built tremendous synergy among prominent professionals with varied experiences, training, and backgrounds,” Page added. “This diversity ensures a balanced blend of clinical and research data and exposes different points of view from various disciplines and cultures.”
Click here to read the Scientific Advisory Committee members’ bios.
Source: Performance Health