May 11, 2013 — “ObamaCare, while greatly needed, does not come without a great deal of uncertainty and trepidation, which is to be expected. The Affordable Care Act is here to stay, and though it may be tweaked along the way, we have a social and moral imperative to make the transition as seamless and successful as possible. I believe the Patient Whiz can be invaluable in that transition,” says A. Maria Hester, MD, president of Savvier Health LLC, and creator of the Patient Whiz patient empowerment app.
The Patient Whiz app for iPhone/iPad has a tremendous potential to empower those with little or no medical background to expedite their own diagnoses, decrease the need for excessive visits to the doctor’s office and emergency room, lower medical bills, reduce the need for excessive and expensive tests and procedures, and decrease medical errors.
This innovative, encrypted health app is packed with user-friendly features, including the following:
- Ability to create a profile for each family member
- Audible alarms to remind users to refill medications and keep doctors’ appointments
- Ability to scan EKGs, lab results, and other vital information directly into the app within seconds (iPhone version)
- Voice recorder which allows physicians to record instructions into the app and even e-mail themselves a copy of the voice file for their records. Users can record visit details, questions for the doctor, etc.
- 45 different health charts that can be edited, e-mailed, and printed
- Charts to teach users how to prepare for doctors’ visits in advance, including detailed questionnaires of questions physicians commonly ask for various symptoms. Reviewing and answering these questions in advance will empower users to give a concise, detailed description of their problem, which in turn will help their physicians diagnose them more quickly with fewer tests and procedures.
- Appointment checklists that summarize each visit
- Preventive medicine checklists and the adult vaccine schedule
- Nutrition, exercise, and smoking logs
“Patient Whiz is definitely one of the most feature packed medical apps I’ve ever seen,” says Sharon Hanlon, reviewer for TheiPhoneAppReviews.com, a leading online resource for iPhone apps reviews. “Another great feature Patient Whiz offers is unbelievable detail and expertise regarding questions that physicians typically ask. Checklists and questions within the app help you prepare for an appointment or emergency visit by allowing you to log symptoms, conditions, and other factors prior to your arrival. Lastly, Patient Whiz strives to teach users how to have complete control over their health and medical care.”
The Patient Whiz is available on the AppStore in both a full version, which contains all features noted above, and a free (Lite) version which contains basic charts and a medication refill reminder. Patient Whiz is also available in a credit card-size USB flash drive. With the USB version, users will need to use their own scanner and microphone to scan documents and record voice files.
Source: Patient Whiz, http://patientwhiz.com