Greeley, Colo.—The National Board of Chiropractic Examiners congratulates five winners of the $10,000 Annual Student Scholarship Competition.
The scholarship program is administered by an independent third party, Brighthall, Inc., with President Claire Johnson leading the review and selection process.
The winning essays for the 2018 competition are:
• Alexa Beloyianis, New York Chiropractic College: An Evaluation of the Relationship between Chiropractic and Allopathic Medicine in the Modern Age
• Ryan Burdick, Cleveland University-Kansas City: Diversity in Chiropractic’s Highest Leadership Positions: A Critical Analysis of Chiropractic Institutions and a Path Forward
• Samuel J. Feinberg, Sherman College of Chiropractic: On-Site Corporate Health Services and the Role of Chiropractic Care
• Maithy Ta, Cleveland University-Kansas City: The Opioid Crisis Magnified in At-Risk Populations: A Narrative Review of the Literature
• Hudson Taylor, Southern California University of Health Sciences: The Science, Art, and Philosophy of Chiropractic: A Delicate Balance
“The NBCE is proud to honor academic excellence through this program; the board is committed to supporting future chiropractors through scholarships,” said NBCE President Salvatore LaRusso. “Please join us in recognizing this outstanding group of students!”
Each winner will each receive $2,000 for his or her winning essay. The scholarship is open to students enrolled in U.S., CCE‐accredited, chiropractic degree programs. Entrants are required to submit an original essay, written by one student, on a humanities topic that focuses on or relates to chiropractic.
Headquartered in Greeley, Colorado, the NBCE is the international testing organization for the chiropractic profession, with the mission of ensuring professional competency through excellence in testing. Established in 1963, the NBCE develops, administers and scores legally defensible, standardized written and practical examinations for candidates seeking chiropractic licensure throughout the United States and in several foreign countries.