For over 100 years, the Missouri Chiropractic Physicians Association has been promoting and championing the profession in the state. Founded in 1913 as the Missouri State Chiropractors Association in St. Louis, its original purpose was to bring DCs together to fight for recognition as a legitimate health care profession and to achieve licensure status in Missouri. Licensure was achieved in the 1920’s and the Association continued to fight in the Missouri General Assembly. In 2018, the Missouri State Chiropractors Association changed its name to the Missouri Chiropractic Physicians Association (MCPA).
In addition to its legislative activities, the MCPA provides continuing education for licensed DC’s and their staff. They also work to educate the public on the benefits of chiropractic care. The MCPA has grown to a current membership of over 750.