April 14, 2013 — The Maharishi College of Perfect Health at MUM in Fairfield, Iowa is pleased to inaugurate a new program to train and certify massage therapists as Ayurveda Wellness Consultants. Graduates of the program will be able to consult with clients, family, and friends, helping them achieve higher levels of health and wellness through Maharishi Ayurveda.
This comprehensive course will train massage therapists to become an Ayurveda Wellness Consultant by teaching them in the principles and practices of Ayurveda. This is the world’s oldest system of natural healthcare. Ayurveda’s main focus is prevention, healing, and longevity. These themes are starting to dominate today’s healthcare landscape.
This course prepares one to apply the practical knowledge of Ayurveda to one’s practice while developing a new and more integrative approach to health and wellness.
Course components include:
- Ayurveda anatomy and physiology
- Human Physiology as the Expression of Veda and Vedic Literature: an Overview
- Understanding the Role of Consciousness and the Mind-Body Interface
- Understanding Prakriti: Individual Constitution / Mind-Body Type
- Understanding Vikriti: Imbalance
- Pathogenesis and the Origins of Imbalance
- Dravya Guna Shastra: Principles and Applications of Ayurvedic Herbology
- Digestive Physiology, Diet and Nutrition
- Therapeutic Applications of Aromatherapy and Spices
- Maharishi Ayurveda Science of Prevention (Swastha-Vritta)
- Fundamentals of Ayurvedic Diagnosis
And much more can be round at a special page on the MUM online website elearning.mum.edu/ayurveda-wellness-consultants-lmt-online-course.php.
Source: Maharishi College of Perfect Health, mum.edu