May 24, 2013 — Life University (LIFE) continues to carry the torch for functional neurology and exploring the relationship between the spine, the nervous system, and healthy body function.
LIFE University established the Functional Neurology Center (FNC) more than 19 months ago to conduct research and offer chiropractic functional neurology clinical services to the public. With major figures in professional sports, entertainment and from other walks of life visibly benefiting from this natural approach to health and healing, Life University will vigorously work to continue to develop its Functional Neurology Center with several new initiatives announced by President Guy Riekeman, DC.
Thanks to the accomplishments of chiropractic neurologist F. R. Carrick, DC, and the talented team of clinicians assembled to support him, the university can take pride in the success of this first phase of its work. We have laid the groundwork for a challenging and important research agenda to more fully explore the basis for the successes we’ve seen and documented. Scores of clinicians from around the world have observed amazing clinical improvements. There is much left to do.
Recently, Carrick announced his resignation to pursue another venture. This move comes on the heels of LIFE’s announcement to move the center forward in the following ways:
- Continue to expand the physical size of the center and add staff
- Expand relationships with other leaders in neurological research
- Create a division for pediatric functional neurology
- Increase student clinical education and hours, thereby graduating chiropractors at a diplomate level in functional neurology
- Establish a Master’s degree in Chiropractic Neurology
- Continue to use all equipment and research available in order to continue to provide state-of-the-art quality care to our patients
- Work with established chiropractic neurologist to expand the field and organize professional relationships
Said Riekeman, “We wish Dr. Carrick well in his entrepreneurial project with the Brain Synergy Institute. No one has done more to advance Functional Neurology and we owe him much gratitude in helping us establish the LIFE Functional Neurology Center. We are excited about the future of LIFE’s Center as we continue to explore the relationship between the body and the nervous system. That is at the heart of what chiropractic is, and that’s what the center is all about.”
Source: Life University, life.edu