April 11, 2014 — Life University President Guy F. Riekeman, DC, was honored today during the first student Assembly of the Spring Quarter for his 10 life-changing years as the University’s president. Riekeman was honored with a video at the beginning of the presentation that highlighted some of his many achievements during his tenure, including presiding over expansion of the college of undergraduate and graduate studies, expanding to 12 undergraduate and three graduate degrees to compliment the world-renowned Doctor of Chiropractic program.
Other notable accomplishments under the leadership of Riekeman include construction of world class, state-of-the-art facilities, such as:
- Socrates Café, a campus dining facility that is a model of sustainability
- LIFE Village Retreat, on-?campus housing built to Gold level certification by LEED
- Bright LIFE, an on-?campus childcare center for students, faculty and staff
- Campus Center for Health and Optimum Performance, a public, outpatient clinic
- The Octagon Conference, a global health think tank
- Expansion of the Athletic department to include scholarship-?level opportunities for men and women
- Establishment of international clinics and educational initiatives in China, Costa Rica, Spain, Italy, Ghana, Peru and New Zealand
Life University co-founder and former Board of Trustees Chairman, Charles Ribley, DC, spoke on Riekeman’s early years with the university and was followed by current Board of Trustees member Shawn Ferguson, DC, who spoke on the next several years of Riekeman’s tenure leading up to present day, where Life University currently reigns as the world’s largest chiropractic college and the thought leader in vital health education.
Current Board of Trustees Chairman Deborah Pogrelis, DC, then presented Riekeman with an art piece called “Exact Day” by Brian Andreas accompanied by a quote stating, “I know you don’t remember the exact day, but we all do and it felt to us like the whole world relaxed knowing it would all be fine, now that you were here.” Riekeman then gave words of thanks to the presenters and the audience before the Assembly was adjourned.
Pogrelis shared the Board of Trustees’ thoughts on Riekeman’s tenure, saying, “We on the Board of Trustees are excited to honor Dr. Riekeman in recognition for his extraordinary leadership and outstanding achievements since joining Life University. We certainly would not have attained the world recognition that we have without him.”
Source: Life University