January 2, 2013 — The coming of Kinesio Tex Gold FP presents the culmination of Dr. Kenzo Kase’s therapeutic vision. Beginning in 1979, Kase developed Kinesio Tex Classic to work with the Kinesio Taping Method to mimic and stimulate human skin.
After 34 years, Kinesio Tex Gold FP fulfillsKase’s original Kinesio Taping vision.
“It has truly been a lifetime in the making,” Kase notes. “In 1979, I began with my original idea of a tape with unique properties specifically for the Kinesio Taping Method.”
Even in those early days, Kase envisioned a formula that he felt no other tapes came close to providing. To meet the unique needs of his Kinesio Taping Method, he created Kinesio Tex Tape.
At the beginning, the concept was to have a tape that stimulated and mimicked the skin, along with certain tensions, elastic properties, and a medical adhesive that would adhere for days without irritation. The original concept encompassed a fingerprint pattern for grip, feel, and stimulation.
“Moving with advances in technology,” explains Kase, “I was able to add the now famous wave pattern in the adhesive. This was our first attempt at replicating the fingerprint effect.” In the ensuing 25+ years, the traditional wave and Kinesio Tex Tape have been established as a premiere tool for therapists and doctors throughout the world.
Manufacturing technology has caught up with Kase’s original concept. Kinesio Tex Gold FP is marketed as offering the most credible advancement yet in human touch stimulation.
For years, Kase and his team of engineers have worked to preserve the Kinesio Tape formula, while providing further enhancements in the technology and application of Kinesio taping. Kinesio Tex Gold FP will offer all the same properties as Classic Kinesio Tex Tape, along with major enhancements in stimulation, grip, comfort, fabric quality and engineering as well as medical adhesive and process.
Kinesio will continue to produce the Classic Kinesio Tex Tape which has been the standard in patient care for so long, and which has helped to establish the Kinesio Taping Method worldwide.
Kinesio Tex Gold FP:
- Brings Nano-touch stimulation to epidermis and layers beneath.
- Mimics gentle human touch yet provides a more effective hold.
- Utilizes the micro-grip deep set adhesive manufacturing process to provide better grip and hold with less adhesive surface area.
- Uses an even higher grade cotton with more breathability.
- Features a new protected weave process for improved comfort.
- Retains the core properties for all Kinesio Taping specifications.
- Remains hypoallergenic and latex free to serve patient populations.
- Will be exclusively available only to healthcare professionals and their patients.
Kinesio Tex Classic:
- Is hypoallergenic and latex free for all patient populations.
- Utilizes a high grade cotton for breathability and comfort.
- Provides entry level pricing point which enables all to use authentic Kinesio Tex.
- Will be available to both healthcare professionals and directly to the public.
Source: Kinesio Taping, kinesiotaping.com