August 17, 2011 — FUJIFILM Medical Systems U.S.A. Inc. announced the company’s entry into the portable ultrasound market with the commercial availability of the Fazone CB.
Designed to meet the needs of the point-of-care and mobile healthcare environments, the Fazone CB is a compact and lightweight unit that produces high quality images quickly and easily for on-the-go clinicians.
“The Fazone CB is an ideal option for healthcare professionals when fast, high quality imaging from a portable device is required,” says Janine Rader, Fujifilm’s VP of business development for Ultrasound. “Whether it be at a patient’s bedside or in an environment where mobility is needed such as a crowded operating room or the emergency room — where every second counts — the Fazone CB is small in size, but big on function and results.”
The Fazone CB features Zone Sonography*, a technology that employs complex signal processing. Zone Sonography is said to acquire ultrasound data 10 times faster**, resulting in less motion artifacts delivering image uniformity at every point.
Other highlights of the Fazone CB include:
- One-touch image optimization
- Ready to use within seconds
- On-board USB, HDMI and Ethernet ports allow for simple connectivity anywhere
- All management tools are available in the system, including DICOM store, print, MWLM and MPPS
- Optional fully adjustable and extremely maneuverable cart provides the capabilities of a traditional cart-based system, including multiple transducer connectors
- Optional full-size keyboard
- Multiple documentation options to choose from
- Large 12” monitor for easy viewing
Source: Fujifilm, www.fujimed.com