April 7, 2012 — The Foundation for Chiropractic Progress is pleased to be co-sponsors of Life University’s Octagon 2012 conference, April 12-14, 2012, on the campus of Life University in Marietta, Ga.
To date, this conference represents the highest level of advice and counsel being offered to the chiropractic community, as well as other CAM professions, regarding healthcare reform and, specifically, the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA).
The conference’s faculty represents nationally recognized leaders from a range of CAM disciplines with experience in various communities, including academic, policy, business, and legal. Each member of the faculty has one common goal — to inform attendees about the future of healthcare, its delivery and payment in the U.S.
In one setting you will have the opportunity to learn the perspectives of several renowned leaders, including:
- Dee W. Edington, PhD, professor, Movement Science, University of Michigan and author of Zero Trends: Health as a Serious Economic Strategy, will use his experience to deliver a more than insightful presentation.
- Andy Webber, president, National Business Coalition on Health, an organization that represents 7,000 employers and 25 million employees, will present the business world’s expectations of health reform and healthcare providers across the board.
- Greg Etzel, JD, partner, King & Spalding, a healthcare practice group recognized by Nightingale Healthcare News as one of 14 outstanding healthcare litigators, will discuss the spectrum of Federal involvement in the financing of healthcare in America.
- Clem Bezold, PhD, chairman and senior futurist, Institute for Alternative Futures, will offer his view of healthcare in the next decade, exploring the impact of the economy, the effect of legislation, and changing social attitudes and expectations related to health and well-being on patients, providers and the system itself.
- Deborah Senn, former insurance commissioner, Washington, who was recognized by consumer groups as “The best insurance commissioner in the United States,” will offer her views on the value of the PPACA legislation to the CAM community in terms of increased access and choice for patients.
We encourage you to join us and our colleagues at Life University April 12-14, 2012 on the campus of Life University for this in-depth exploration of what life as a healthcare consumer as well as a healthcare provider will look like in the future! For more information and a complete list of speakers, visit: lifeoctagon.org.
Source: Foundation for Chiropractic Progress, f4cp.org