Discover the Evolution of Wireless Technology Being Deployed in Healthcare
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/reports/c89875) has announced the addition of “Wireless Healthcare 2008” to their offering.
– The use of wireless ehealth services to cut the cost of care.
– Medical device vendors’ exploitation of Health 2.0 based services.
– The robustness of an ageing population as a market driver.
– Healthcare technology market as a safe harbour in a recession.
– Wireless in the fitness and wellbeing market.
– Profiles of 24 vendors active in the wireless healthcare market.
This report is published at a critical time for the medical device industry. During the last five years US and European healthcare providers have been modernising their core IT infrastructure. Many have been developing and deploying applications such as electronic patient records (EPR) that will store and analyse data collected from mobile and wireless medical devices. However, during this period projects involving the use of the wireless devices themselves have been starved of funding.
With the deployment of EPR we are likely to see a renewed focus of applications that reside at the edge of the healthcare network at a time when a new healthcare market, based on EPR systems hosted by companies such as Google and Microsoft, is opening up for medical device vendors.
A downturn in the global economy will impact on all sectors of the economy, including healthcare. However, there will now be increased pressure on healthcare providers to automate elements of the care process in order to yield the level of cost savings realised by the retail and service sectors. This report also examines how some consumer electronics companies have already started to use the healthcare as a safe harbour during a downturn in the market for their traditional products.
Wireless Healthcare 2008 provides an overview of the mobile and wireless ehealth market and examines how vendors are meeting the challenges posed by an industry that is attempting to co-opt a new and highly disruptive business model.
Who should purchase this report:
– Medical device vendors.
– Wireless technology vendors.
– eHealth and healthcare providers.
– Decision makers in the healthcare sector.
– Investors in the healthcare IT sector.
– Mobile operators.
– Other organisations active in healthcare IT deployment.
Wireless Healthcare 2008 Overview
– The New eHealth Model
– Wireless eHealth Platforms
– Wireless Based Remote Monitoring and Diagnostics
– Telecare for the Elderley
– eHealth and Consumer Electronics
– Wireless Based Disease Monitoring
– Vendor Profiles
– Caregiver Technology
– AMD Telehealth
– Card Guard
– Broomwell HealthWatch
– Polar Electro
– Tplus Medical
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/reports/c89875