October 14, 2010 — On Sept. 18, 1945, the Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College (CMCC) first opened its doors at 252 Bloor Street West, realizing the dreams of a dedicated group of individuals from across Canada — the Dominion Council of Chiropractors.
Their hard work came to fruition as CMCC welcomed what would become the Class of 1949, many of whom were veterans returning from WWII. CMCC will be celebrating this milestone year throughout 2010, while welcoming the Class of 2014.
This year also marks the opening of high technology learning laboratories, which bring together technological advancements including manipulation sensing tables and Gaumard simulated patients, to provide opportunities for diagnostic and clinical skills development and assessment.
CMCC is the first chiropractic program to use the Gaumard mannequins presently in use by medical schools throughout the world. New manipulation sensing tables will provide students with the ability to finely tune their adjustments in a way that was previously impossible. The modified treatment tables, with force plates imbedded in them, are capable of assessing several biomechanical parameters of the adjustment, helping students refine their skills and furthering research through the scientific advancement of manual therapies.
Source: Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College, www.cmcc.ca