December 15, 2010 — The Anglo-European College of Chiropractic (AECC) Clinic Interns sported mustaches for the whole of “MOvember” to raise awareness of prostate cancer. Their efforts raised £800 for this worthy cause.
Prostate cancer is the most common form of cancer in men in the UK with one man dying every hour, more than 36,000 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer this year.
By growing moustaches for the whole of MOvember (November), people around the world increased awareness of prostate cancer. The money raised will also go to the prostate cancer charity for the research and treatment for prostate cancer.
Those taking part had to abide by these simple rules:
1. Start Movember the 1st clean shaven
2. Grow and groom a moustache
3. No joining of the Mo to the sideburns (a beard)
4. No joining of the handlebars to on the chin (a goatee)
5. A small growth under the bottom lip is allowed, aka the tickler
Source: Anglo-European College of Chiropractic, www.aecc.ac.uk