- This event has passed.
11/28/2023 7 – 9 PM CT Webinar: Neurology 362: Exploring the Vagus Nerve and Autonomic Nervous System
November 28 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm$59.00
Instructor: Dr. Howard Benedikt, DC, DCBCN
This online chiropractic continuing education course delves into the intricate relationship between the vagus nerve and the autonomic nervous system. As a fundamental component of the peripheral nervous system, the autonomic nervous system governs essential physiological processes such as heart rate, blood pressure, digestion, respiration, and more. This comprehensive course, led by esteemed instructor Dr. Howard Benedikt, provides valuable insights into maintaining equilibrium among the sympathetic, parasympathetic, and enteric nervous systems, all of which contribute to overall well-being.
- Exploring Vagus Nerve Anatomy
- Review the anatomical structure of the vagus nerve (cranial X), highlighting its pivotal role within the parasympathetic nervous system.
- Balancing Parasympathetic Tone
- Gain a deep understanding of how the vagus nerve influences parasympathetic tone, and its profound impact on various bodily systems, including the immune, nervous, endocrine, cardiovascular, and gastrointestinal systems.
- Impact of Low Parasympathetic Output
- Review conditions and symptoms that are affected by reduced parasympathetic output, shedding light on the far-reaching consequences of vagal tone imbalance.
- Vagus Nerve Evaluation
- Learn techniques for evaluating the vagus nerve’s functionality, enabling practitioners to identify potential issues and formulate appropriate interventions.
- Enhancing Vagal Tone: Clinical Approaches
- Explore a range of clinical tools aimed at improving vagal tone. Discover methods such as specialized exercises, focused breathing techniques, mindfulness meditation, and targeted nutritional strategies.