Founded: October 1988 in Sydney, Australia
Organization type: The World Federation of Chiropractic (WFC) is a global non-profit organization that represents the chiropractic profession at the World Health Organization (WHO).
Organizational leadership: The WFC is operated by an executive committee that consists of a president, immediate past-president, first vice president, second vice president, secretary-treasurer and secretary-general.
The WFC also has two different councils: the WFC Council (made up of 12 DCs) and the Research Council (9 DCs). Council members are from all areas of the world, including Kenya, Canada, Cyprus, Japan, New Zealand, Australia, Peru and the U.S.
The WFC has also created an eight-member Public Health Committee and a 16-member Disability and Rehabilitation Committee.
Mission statement: “To advance awareness, utilization, and integration of chiropractic internationally.”
Future vision: The WFC states that its vision is “a world where people may enjoy universal access to chiropractic so that populations may thrive and reach their fullest potential.”
Strategic goals set forth by the WFC to help it reach this goal include: striving for excellence in all areas of practice, giving Doctors of Chiropractic (DCs) and chiropractic organizations the tools necessary to succeed, promoting chiropractic’s reputation and creating a more unified profession.
On its website: At WFC.org you’ll find information both new and old, ranging from the history of chiropractic to some of the latest field updates. This site also provides the dates and locations of future WFC events, which include its seminars and conferences.
If you’re interested in doing more within the chiropractic realm, but not sure what to do, the WFC’s “Projects” tabs lists some of the campaigns other organizations or practitioners are engaged in around the globe.
To join: You can join the WFC as either an individual supporter or a corporate partner and enjoy benefits such as priority notice of WFC meetings, priority access to WFC opportunities, and use of the WFC logo in your marketing materials.
If you join as a corporate partner, there are many levels of partnership available:
- Platinum ($10,000): Includes full-page color ads in four Quarterly World Reports per year, a link on the WFC website, complimentary promotion of your seminars and workshops, two email blasts per year, and four social media posts on the WFC Facebook page
- Diamond ($5,000): Includes one full-page color ad and one half-page feature in one issue of the WFC’s Quarterly World Report per year, acknowledgement on the WFC website, one email blast per year, and two posts on the WFC’s Facebook page per year
- Gold ($2,500): Includes half-page color ad in two issues of the Quarterly World Report, acknowledgement on the WFC website, and two posts on the WFC’s Facebook page per year
- Silver ($1,000): Includes half-page color ad in one issue of the Quarterly World Report, acknowledgement on the WFC website, and one social media post on the Facebook page per year
- Bronze ($500): Includes quarter-page color ad in two issues of the Quarterly World Report per year and acknowledgement on the WFC website
These same types of membership levels are available for individuals at the following rates:
- Platinum: $2,000
- Diamond: $1,000
- Gold: $750
- Silver: $500
- Bronze: $180
Students can also apply for a 12-month membership for a fee of $50.
All applications are completed online and payment can be made via credit card (with a 2 percent administration fee) or by check.
World Federation of Chiropractic
160 Eglinton Avenue East, Suite 601
Toronto Ontario M4P 3B5. Canada
Phone: +1 416-484-9978
Fax: +1 416-484-9665