October 14, 2009 — Dr. Margaret Mitchell, DDS, owner of Mitchell Dental Spa a dental spa facility in Chicago’s Water Tower Place, offers the following tips for protecting your kids teeth this Halloween:
• Avoid sticky candy such as taffy, gummy bears, caramel, etc. Sticky Candy adheres to teeth and causes decay;
• Kids can eat candy anytime; there is not a good time of day/night to eat candy;
• Brush immediately after eating candy, especially sticky candy;
• Prior to Halloween, visit your dentist to have sealants put into the child’s teeth grooves; and
• Have you child chew gum with zylitol sweetener, which prevents tooth decay.
Source: Paramount Public Relations, www.paramountpr.com