Sherman College honored alumni, chiropractors, and supporters during its 46th Lyceum, a homecoming and continuing education event attended by hundreds of chiropractors and students throughout the U.S. and internationally. Lyceum is held each May in Spartanburg, S.C., and involves three days of seminars, special events and other programs; this year approximately 700 were in attendance. The college is proud to announce the following 2019 award recipients:
- Thom & Betty Gelardi Service Award: Gary & Cathleen Padden, DCs, ’83 and ’85
- Chiropractor of the Year: Barbara Eaton, DC
- Regents of the Year: Irene Gold, RN, BS, MA, DC
- Sherman Advocate Award: Randi Cohen
- Chiropractic Advocate of the Year: Karen Brower Rhodes, MBA
- Spirit of Sherman College Award: Alan Brewster, DC, ’89
- Spirit of Sherman College Award: Jaime Browning, DC, ’09
- Service to Sherman College Award: Patrick Lausier
- Service to the Profession Award: Julie Mayer Hunt, DC, DICCP, FCCJP
- Distinguished Service Award: Daniel & Richelle Knowles, DCs, ’96 and ’99
- Rising Star Award: Jared Dreckman, DC, ’14
- ROAR Career Advisor of the Year: David Vazquez, DC, ’17
- ROAR Student Leader of the Year: Craig Bryan
- ROAR Student Leader of the Year: Emily Hartman
Thom and Betty Gelardi Service Award:
Gary and Cathleen Padden, DCs
Lakeview, Mich., chiropractors Gary and Cathleen Padden, DCs (pictured above), have been presented with the Thom and Betty Gelardi Service Award by Sherman College of Chiropractic in Spartanburg, S.C. The Thom and Betty Gelardi Service Award is presented at the discretion of the president and therefore not awarded every year. This award was created to honor the Gelardis (Sherman College’s founders) and also the recipients who are deemed to have the same qualities as the Gelardis. It is given to individuals to recognize their unselfish dedication, visionary leadership and pioneering spirit. For more information, go to sherman.edu/news/2019-gelardi-service-award/.
Chiropractor of the Year: Barbara Eaton, DC
Eagle River, Alaska, chiropractor Barbara Eaton, DC, has been named Chiropractor of the Year by Sherman College of Chiropractic. The Chiropractor of the Year Award is an honor bestowed upon doctors who have, through their service, given extraordinary time and effort to advance Sherman College and the principled chiropractic profession. For more information, go to sherman.edu/news/eaton-named-2019-chiropractor-of-the-year/.
Regent of the Year: Irene Gold, DC
Boca Raton, Fla., chiropractor Irene Gold, RN, BS, MA, DC, has been named Regent of the Year by Sherman College of Chiropractic. This award is presented in recognition of her outstanding and continuous advancement of Sherman College through participation on the college’s Board of Regents, a group dedicated to supporting quality chiropractic education through financial donations and leadership. Regents give visibility and stature to Sherman College through speaking engagements, legislative roles, student referrals and financial support. For more information, go to sherman.edu/news/2019-regent-of-the-year/.
About Sherman College of Chiropractic
Sherman College of Chiropractic provides students with a comprehensive chiropractic education, preparing them to enter the field as doctors of chiropractic who are highly skilled, compassionate, ethical and successful. On its 80-acre campus in South Carolina, Sherman offers a first professional degree program unique in its approach to health care and known globally for the skill and art of chiropractic delivered by graduates. For more information, visit sherman.edu or call 800-849-8771.