A top level meeting was held among the leaders of Parker University, the Texas Chiropractic Association (TCA), the American Chiropractic Association, and the World Federation of Chiropractic (WFC) at the Parker Seminars Las Vegas conference on Feb. 23, the first day of the event. Also in attendance were major representatives from the chiropractic industry and media. The was chaired by William Morgan, DC, president of Parker University, regarding the grave situation facing Texas’s chiropractors following a court ruling.
- American College of Physicians issues guidelines for low-back pain: ‘Avoid drugs.’
- Urgent: Help the Texas Chiropractic Association NOW
- ACA offers resources to help DCs comply with new Medicare payment changes
Just a little physical activity seems to go a long way toward helping older adults with arthritis remain able to do daily tasks, a new study finds. Older adults with arthritis-related joint pain and stiffness need to keep moving to remain functionally independent. But only 10 percent of older Americans with arthritis in their knees meet federal guidelines. However, this Northwestern University study found that doing even about one-third of that amount is still beneficial.
- Working out? Don’t bring your cellphone
- Mediterranean Diet could save your brain, study finds
- Back pain may raise risk of mental health problems
CareCredit, a leading provider of promotional financing for healthcare, and NextCare Holdings, Inc, one of the nation’s largest providers of urgent care and occupational medical services, have signed an agreement that offers an additional payment option for NextCare patients and more ways and locations for CareCredit cardholders to use their card. CareCredit continues to expand acceptance of its healthcare credit card program, helping patients pay for deductibles, copayments, prescriptions and out-of-pocket costs.
- ChiroHealthUSA helps support chiropractic with donations totaling over $1,000,000
- Introducing new Vegas custom orthotic flip-flops
- ChiroTouch announces sponsorship of the official California Jam app
Months after being named one of the nation’s top Military Friendly universities, Northwestern Health Sciences University has achieved the additional designation as one of the top 100 U.S. higher education institutions for spouses of military members. Northwestern has been named a 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School recognizing the top colleges and universities that provide services to spouses of active-duty service members, including student retention and career development efforts supporting the unique challenges of military life.
- TCC faculty member serves as chiropractor for Atlanta Falcons
- Northwestern, Concordia announce partnership
- National University names Christopher Arick assistant dean of chiropractic medicine