A Chiropractic Economics Staff Report | In a report dated October 2016, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General (OIG) announced that “hundreds of millions in Medicare payments for chiropractic services did not comply with Medicare requirements.” Based on the OIG’s review of payments to chiropractors, it was determined that 82 percent of payments made in calendar year 2013 were unallowable.
- Talking points in response to the media inquiries regarding the unfortunate death of model Katie May
- North Dakota Chiropractic Association marks 20th organization to enroll in F4CP Group Membership
- Benny Vaughn Receives Florida Chiropractor’s Association’s 2016 LMT of the Year Award
Traditional multivitamins are falling out of favor among Americans, while supplements such as vitamin D, fish oil and probiotics are gaining ground, a new study finds. Researchers found that between 1999 and 2012, Americans’ overall use of supplements remained stable. Slightly more than half of adults said they took vitamins, minerals or some other type of dietary supplement.
- Researchers debunk ‘five-second rule’: Eating food off the floor isn’t safe
- How the sugar industry shifted blame to fat
- Researchers investigate link between diet, obesity-linked Type 2 diabetes, and spinal disc degeneration
Compass Health Brands is pleased to announce they have partnered with Brightree, the leading provider of cloud-based clinical, business management and billing software for the post-acute care industry, as an integrated electronic purchasing partner.
- Reg´Activ Detox and Liver Health announced as winner of best supplement award
- RockTape introduces redesigned RockSauce and RockSauce Chill
- Performance Health supports pink link
The 2016 International Talk the TIC competition was hosted by Life University (LIFE) on Thursday, October 13, with the finals of the English competition taking place on Friday, October 14 at LIFE Vision Seminar. Ten institutions were represented at this annual event this year.
- New York Chiropractic College names next president
- Palmer’s Florida campus graduates 42nd class
- Life Chiropractic College West starts new sports performance program