The American Chiropractic Association (ACA) acknowledges the difficulties associated with implementation of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA), passed in 2010. Many exchanges are down to only one plan available to consumers and premiums have skyrocketed since the law has been in effect. It is uncertain at this time when Congress will again look to repeal and replace all or parts of PPACA. The administration may try to dismantle the law through the regulatory process, or Congress may look to chip away at the law using smaller, targeted efforts.
- Major briefing for chiropractic held at National Press Club
- Kent S. Greenawalt to speak at groundbreaking event in the fight against opioid abuse
- U.S., international chiropractic groups join forces to present historic meeting
Despite widespread use, antibiotics are not an effective treatment for milder cases of the skin condition eczema in children, a new study contends. One pediatrician who reviewed the findings called them “terribly important” for eczema care. Eczema is an immunological condition affecting both children and adults, where patches of skin become inflamed, red and itchy. The new study, led by Nick Francis of Cardiff University in Wales, sought to settle that debate. The study included 113 children with non-severe, infected eczema who were randomly selected to join one of three groups.
- Common painkillers don’t ease back pain, study finds
- Even a little exercise can help with arthritis, study says
- Working out? Don’t bring your cellphone
Foot Levelers turned 65 years old in 2017, and we’re celebrating throughout the year with special contests, savings and more! The latest “guest to the party” is code SHINDIG, with incredible savings on all our custom‐made orthotics through April 30th. Plus, with every use of SHINDIG from March 22 through Friday, March 31, doctors are entered to win Foot Levelers’ revolutionary new Kiosk!
- Easy Billing, Inc. releases Easy Billing Professional 4
- New research reveals the future of musculoskeletal imaging
- New book from Activator instructor shows how to reclaim your life
The Life West Board of Regents and Interim President, Ron Oberstein, DC, are delighted to announce that Life Chiropractic College West has achieved regional accreditation from WASC Senior Commission of Universities and College (WSCUC). Accreditation with WSCUC represents a great step for Life West and demonstrates the quality of a Life West education. Life West began its candidacy status on July 15, 2015 and since that date many hours of diligence and planning have led to this exciting news.
- Frank J. Nicchi, DC, to be designated President Emeritus
- Interns join chiropractic health center at Sherman College
- Life University Running Eagles Men’s basketball captures first tournament championship