The American Chiropractic Association (ACA) this week launched a new brand designed to make the association stronger and more relevant to its members and to better position it to seek and respond to opportunities in the modern health care system. More than just a new logo, the brand boldly defines what it means to be an ACA chiropractor. “We’re making a historic transformation on the inside by transitioning our governance, holding ourselves to higher professional standards, improving our relationships with other health care providers and committing to evidence-based care,” said ACA President David Herd, DC.
- Lonnie Zeltzer, MD, joins F4CP in recommending drug-free chiropractic care for pediatric pain management
- Activator Methods marks 50 years of leadership
- F4CP supports DEA national prescription drug take-back initiative
In an innovative approach to colorectal cancer (CRC) prevention and treatment, scientists are studying ways to replace missing metabolites in patients prone to gut inflammation and CRC. A new study in The American Journal of Pathology describes how administration of histamine-producing gut microbes to mice lacking the enzyme histidine decarboxylase (HDC) reduced inflammation and tumor formation. These results suggest that alteration of the gut microbiome with probiotics may become a new preventative or therapeutic strategy for patients at risk for inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)-associated CRC.
- Contact in sports may lead to differences in the brains of young, healthy athletes
- Walnuts may promote health by changing gut bacteria
- More than 100 Million Americans have diabetes or prediabetes
Celebrating 65 years of serving chiropractic, Foot Levelers has introduced its latest advancement, the single-foot Kiosk. This revolutionary scanning device is designed to help healthcare providers save time, ensure all patients are scanned for orthotics, and increase referrals to their practice. Statistics prove that the Foot Levelers Kiosk helps doctors increase the number of patients they fit for custom orthotics. By going in the practice’s reception area, the Kiosk allows patients to scan themselves, before the doctor’s exam even begins.
- Money Tree Billing, LLC now offers services to ChiroTouch offices
- Foot Levelers announces Roanoke-based 3D technology division
- Inaugural Journal of Performance Health Research is now available
DrAxe.com’s Top 25 Chiropractors of 2017 was published this week and included nine DCs with direct Life University (LIFE) connections. According to the article, this list was “compiled through a set of criteria to determine which doctors were having the biggest global impact in both the chiropractic industry and healthcare overall.” It is also noted that all members of the list have either a chiropractic license or retired license, while emphasizing chiropractic in their practice or teaching.
- Logan University welcomes largest class in 10 years
- SCU selected as new home for ACIH
- Chiropractic students invited to train at Pro Football Hall of Fame Academy