The quest to save diagnosis in Texas is off to a promising start. With the 85th Texas Legislature Session winding down this week, Senate Bill 304 was passed by the Texas House after navigating through the Senate earlier this month and awaits final sign-off from the Senate. The last step in the process is a signature from Texas Gov. Greg Abbott. SB 304, known as the Sunset bill, extends the regulation of chiropractors by the Texas Board of Chiropractic Examiners (TBCE) until 2029.
- American Chiropractic Association partners with Spine IQ
- Texas Senate approves Senate Bill 304
- Five-time Olympic team chiropractor receives centennial Olympic gold medal
A new brain scan study suggests that people whose brains are wired to produce a more muted response to food may ultimately compensate by eating more, thereby raising their risk for obesity. The new study also unearthed possible evidence of a gender divide in the way men and women process the experience of eating. Women’s brains, it appears, may favor a more emotional response to the eating experience, while men are built to focus on how food satisfies the senses. \If so, such brain-wiring differences might explain why women struggle with weight more than men do, the researchers said.
- Neurofeedback offers hope to chemo patients suffering from neuropathy
- Your next text might lead to text neck
- Common painkillers linked to greater risk of cardiac arrest
ChiroTouch, the nation’s leader in chiropractic software, is pleased to announce it will be attending the California Chiropractic Association Convention and Marketplace in San Diego, CA, on June 1, 2017. “We’re looking so forward to attending this chiropractic convention in our home state and to continue to build strong relationships the chiropractic community,” said Robert Moberg, CEO of ChiroTouch. “We’re especially excited because this year ChiroTouch is offering an in-depth training on the first day of the convention to share tips and tricks to help users get the most out of our software.”
- Study validates low level laser therapy
- Activator Methods Arlan Fuhr tackles the problem of opioid abuse
- Foot Levelers named as World Federation of Chiropractic’s (WFC) premier corporate sponsor
National University of Health Sciences (NUHS) and University of Western States (UWS) have agreed to combine resources to expand continuing education (CE) opportunities for health care providers. The new agreement will allow each university to serve a larger pool of practitioners and students in a more efficient manner. Both universities will develop a shared calendar for programs that will include online courses along with new live and pre-recorded webinars. National University will provide CE licensing for all coursework.
- Life University announces Guy Riekeman, DC as chancellor and Rob Scott, DC, as president
- Life University Mark Kovacs, DC, spoke at the 2017 American Medical Society of Sports Medicine annual meeting
- Cleveland alum honored at Washington, D.C. research convention