President Trump has signed into law the Job for Our Heroes Act, which includes a provision allowing chiropractors working within the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) to perform physical exams on veterans needing a medical certificate to operate a commercial motor vehicle. Prior to the legislation, only 25 medical doctors within the entire VA health care system were qualified to perform the Department of Transportation (DOT) physical exams.
- CMS approves Best Practices Academy’s Qualified Clinical Data Registry
- Ohio imposes strict rule on workers’ back surgery, opioids
- CDAHK wins 2nd prize in World Federation of Chiropractic’s World Spine Day Competition
Many studies have tried to pinpoint the best time of day to exercise for peak performance and best results. But most of these studies were designed for elite athletes. For general fitness, exercise can be whenever it’s most convenient for you. In fact, the best time of day for exercise is whatever time you can do it consistently. That’s because fitness benefits come from working out on a regular basis. Consider factors like work and home responsibilities, your energy level at various times during the day.
- Report: Industry hid decades-old study showing sugar’s unhealthy effects
- U.S. opioid painkiller abuse may be leveling off
- Cancers associated with obesity make up 40 percent of cancers diagnosed in U.S.
ChiroTouch, the nation’s leader in chiropractic software, today announced it will sponsor the official event app for California Jam 2018 that will be held on January 26-28, 2018, in Costa Mesa, CA. This is the second year in a row that ChiroTouch has been the official app sponsor. “With its impressive energy and enthusiasm, the annual Cal Jam event is like no other,” said Robert Moberg, CEO of ChiroTouch. “We are pleased to support Cal Jam’s mission to keep our doctors up-to-date on the latest chiropractic research and share practice management strategies that they can take back to their communities to implement real change.” ChiroTouch is partnering with Cal Jam to produce a state-of-the-art application for Cal Jam’s upcoming 11th anniversary celebration.
- Foot Levelers wraps up its 65 Year with a ‘CHEERS’ to DCs everywhere
- PayDC Chiropractic Software hires Evan M. Gwilliam, DC, as Clinical Director
- Fulcrum Health, Inc. receives Press Ganey Guardian of Excellence Award for patient satisfaction
Mark Kovacs, DC, the Director of the LIFE Sport Science Institute (LSSI) and Associate Professor in the Department of Sport Health Science at Life University (LIFE), presented on Training Load and Muscular Stress for Elite Soccer at the 2018 Professional Soccer Athletic Trainers’ Society (PSATS) Annual Meeting during the Major League Soccer (MLS) Player Combine held in Orlando, Florida. This is one of the top annual events in the U.S. for individuals who work in elite soccer, and specifically with MLS teams throughout the country.
- Sherman Bookstore leads drive for Puerto Rico Relief efforts
- USA Bobsled & Skeleton partners with NeuroLIFE Institute
- 14th Annual IRAPS gathers leaders in chiropractic philosophy, research