A Chiropractic Economics Staff Report | In a report dated October 2016, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General (OIG) announced that “hundreds of millions in Medicare payments for chiropractic services did not comply with Medicare requirements.”
- Talking points in response to the media inquiries regarding the unfortunate death of model Katie May
- North Dakota Chiropractic Association marks 20th organization to enroll in F4CP Group Membership
- Benny Vaughn Receives Florida Chiropractor’s Association’s 2016 LMT of the Year Award
Traditional multivitamins are falling out of favor among Americans, while supplements such as vitamin D, fish oil and probiotics are gaining ground, a new study finds. Researchers found that between 1999 and 2012, Americans’ overall use of supplements remained stable.
- Researchers debunk ‘five-second rule’: Eating food off the floor isn’t safe
- How the sugar industry shifted blame to fat
- Researchers investigate link between diet, obesity-linked Type 2 diabetes, and spinal disc degeneration
Breakthrough Coaching, one of the chiropractic profession’s premier practice management firms, announced this month that two new coaches have become members of its coaching team. Mark Sanna, DC, the company’s president and CEO remarked, “As Breakthrough Coaching enters our twentieth year of serving the chiropractic profession, it’s great to know that we are continuing to expand our team with the highest quality coaches.”
- Compass Health Partners with software provider Brightree to facilitate ordering for DME/HME providers
- Reg´Activ Detox and Liver Health announced as winner of best supplement award
- RockTape introduces redesigned RockSauce and RockSauce Chill
Life University (LIFE) announces the appointment of Jayme Pendergast as the University’s new Athletic Director, effective November 1, 2016. Pendergast, who came to LIFE in November 2014, served as Director of Athletics Compliance and Support from that date until July 1, 2016.
- Life University hosts 2016 international Talk the Tic competition
- New York Chiropractic College names next president
- Palmer’s Florida campus graduates 42nd class