September is designated Drug-Free Pain Management Awareness Month by the Society for Healthcare Strategy & Market Development (SHSMD) on the American Hospital Association official health care calendar. Sponsored by the Foundation for Chiropractic Progress, this nationwide annual campaign is critical in raising public awareness of chiropractic care as the preferred first-line approach to safe and effective management of low back, neck and musculoskeletal pain.
- Chiropractic wins big in Texas legislative session
- Chiropractic gains ground during Texas legislative session
- Fight to save diagnosis in Texas making progress
Chronic pain afflicts about half of adults who have anxiety or depression, a new study finds. More than 5,000 adults in Brazil diagnosed with anxiety or mood disorders such as depression and bipolar disorder were asked about other health problems. Among those with a mood disorder, half reported chronic pain; 33 percent, respiratory diseases; 10 percent, heart disease; 9 percent, arthritis; and 7 percent, diabetes.
- Do you overeat? Your brain wiring may be why
- Neurofeedback offers hope to chemo patients suffering from neuropathy
- Your next text might lead to text neck
ChiroTouch, the nation’s leader in chiropractic EHR software, announces the release of CTProPay, a convenient patient payment solution that frees up time and costs by streamlining the collection process. CTProPay was designed to help chiropractors get paid faster by making patient payments convenient and easy to manage, and allow for automatic posting to the chiropractor’s ledger. CTProPay offers patients convenience and choice of how they pay their bill. CTProPay also integrates directly into the ChiroTouch software.
- ChiroTouch launches latest software update with improved reporting features and enhancements
- Rory’s Story (and The Case of the Missing Orthotic)
- Introducing the new On Purpose mobile app for iOS and Android phones
Thirty-two students from around the world received the doctor of chiropractic degree from Sherman College of Chiropractic in Spartanburg, SC, on Saturday, June 17, 2017. The commencement was a shared ceremony for June and September 2017 graduates. Kara Louise Gingras of New Hampshire, recipient of the Milton W. Garfunkel Award, presented the farewell address to her classmates. The Garfunkel Award is the highest award given at graduation.
- Palmer Homecoming features keynote speakers Tom Rath, Alan Sokoloff and Shilo Harris
- New York Chiropractic College appoints new senior leaders
- National University of Health Sciences partners with University of Western States to expand continuing education offerings