January 25, 2013 — The 10th annual student leadership forum was held at the National Board of Chiropractic Examiners (NBCE) Jan. 18, 2013. This year’s group represented 12 student leaders, 10 chiropractic colleges, four student organizations, and three continents.
The students were welcomed by NBCE President Dr. Norman E. Ouzts, Jr., who thanked them for their commitment to leadership within the chiropractic profession. Ouzts described his own path to leadership in the profession as well as described the benefits of a national exam. In introducing the agenda, Ouzts assured attendees that, “We hope to learn from you today and that you will learn from us. We ask only that you put aside preconceived notions about the NBCE. The day offers many opportunities to ask questions of NBCE senior management, and we hope you will take advantage of our willingness to share with you.”
As in past years, the students were introduced to the foundations of testing including the chiropractic practice analysis and the Delphi study; written exam development process and the importance of test committees; the design, development and scoring process for the Part IV practical exam; international activities; examinee services, security, exam administration, and test accommodations.
Dr. Lawrence J O’Connor, president of the Federation of Chiropractic Licensing Boards (and NBCE Director), also presented a short overview of the FCLB and its role in gathering and sharing information on regulatory matters.
The student leaders toured the NBCE facilities and observed all facets of operations including a demonstration of the computer answer sheet scanning process.
- American Black Chiropractic Association
- Jannise Nathaniel, National Representative, Cleveland Chiropractic College-Kansas City
- Kwame Jenkins, Eastern Region Representative, Life University
- Domonique Stewart, Central Region Representative, Logan College of Chiropractic
- Arthur Lewis, Western Region Representative, Southern California University of Health Sciences
- Student American Chiropractic Association
- Baljinder Gill, National Vice-Chair, Palmer College of Chiropractic West
- Bryan Knipfer, National Legislative Chair, Northwestern Health Sciences University
- Lacey Ebert, National Legislative Vice-Chair, National University of Health Sciences
- Student International Chiropractors Association
- Addison Bulosan, Life Chiropractic College West
- Sydne Pomin, Student Chapter President, Life Chiropractic College West
- World Congress of Chiropractic Students
- Sharni Meyer, Vice President, Macquarie University
- Kate Kelly, Secretary, University of Johannesburg
- Dr. Ryan Garcia, Americas Regional Director, Southern California University of Health Sciences
Source: National Board of Chiropractic Examiners, nbce.org