February 12, 2015—Logan University announced several changes to its Board of Trustees, including new board members and a contract extension for Logan President Clay McDonald, DC, MBA, JD.
McDonald accepted a contract that will continue his presidency through 2019. The Board of Trustees said they’ve been impressed with the direction he has taken Logan since coming on board in 2013.
“We look forward to continuing to work with Dr. McDonald and providing him with the support he needs to maintain Logan’s commitment to academic and clinical excellence and continuous quality improvement,” said Debra Hoffman, DC, who has served on the Logan Board of Trustees since 2006.
Hoffman was elected Chair of the Board, succeeding Steven Roberts, JD, LLM, and will serve until 2016. She graduated from Logan in September 1980 and most recently served as Vice Chair of the Board. Hoffman currently practices in Tampa and is involved with the Florida Chiropractic Association and the American Chiropractic Association.
Other board changes include:
- Paul Henry, DC, was elected Vice Chair until 2016 and Chair of the Board for one year beginning in 2016.
- Christophe Dean, DC, was re-elected to a three-year term.
- Rodney Williams, DC, was re-elected to a three-year term.
- Allen Hager, DC, was elected as a trustee.
- Steven Roberts, JD, LLM, was elected trustee emeritus.
- Jerry Jensen, JD, was elected Advisor to the Board.
Rounding out the Board of Trustees are Nicole Bennett, DC; Richard Bruns, DC; Ronald Grant, DC; Jim Hackman; Gregg Hollabaugh; Marc Malon, DC; Rick McMichael, DC; Gary Mohr, MS; and Judy Silvestrone, DC.
The Board of Trustees also recognized retiring trustee Mark Reeve, DC, for more than 25 years of leadership service to Logan through the board and Alumni Foundation.
Source: Logan University