Chiropractic Economics’ Point-Counterpoint is where doctors of chiropractic and health care industry professionals debate the industry’s hottest topics. This issue: importance of vaccination vs. anti-vax
In the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic and discussion of the importance of vaccination, are doctors of chiropractic for, against or neutral on vaccinations?
Point: Chiropractic associations on the importance of vaccination
Policy statement on the importance of vaccination by the Canadian Chiropractic Association
“Vaccination is not within the scope of chiropractic practice in Canada. Notwithstanding, the Canadian Chiropractic Association recognizes that vaccination is a safe and effective public health practice for the prevention of infectious diseases. Members are encouraged to refer all patient questions, consultation and education regarding immunization and vaccinations to the appropriate public health authorities and/or health professional whose scope of practice includes vaccination. (updated Dec. 2019)”
Policy statement by the Chiropractic and Osteopathic College of Australasia (COCA) regarding vaccination & immunization in chiropractic & osteopathic practice
“COCA endorses the Government of Australia’s policy and position on immunization as a simple, safe and effective way of protecting people against harmful diseases. This support is underpinned by overwhelming evidence of the risk/benefit profile of mass immunization. It is supported by governments throughout the world and the World Health Organization as one of the most important public health interventions.
“COCA supports the right of the individual to refuse vaccination but as primary contact practitioners, chiropractors and osteopaths have a special responsibility to themselves, their patients and the public at large, in the prevention and control of vaccine-preventable diseases. Therefore, COCA endorses the Guidelines for the Control and Prevention of Infection in Healthcare (2010) of the National Health & Medical Research Council, including the recommendations on immunization for health workers.
“Other than in the context of the promotion of public health, vaccination and immunization are outside the scope of chiropractic and osteopathic practice…patients who inquire about…immunization should also be directed to science.org.au/policy/immunisation.html.”
Counterpoint: 5 reasons to never vaccinate your child
By Tedd Koren, DC
- Vaccinations don’t work. Deaths from measles, scarlet fever, whooping cough, diphtheria and smallpox had decreased by as much as 98% before vaccines were in mass usage. Basic hygiene such as clean water, plumbing, waste disposal, sewage treatment and improved diet are what caused reduced disease mortality (deaths) and morbidity (sickness) all over the world. Not vaccination.
- Vaccines make children chronically ill. Vaccines inject toxins so deeply that the child cannot generate symptoms (fever, rash) to detoxify or externalize them. As a result, instead of experiencing and recovering from a temporary acute (short-lived) illness these children are ill with asthma, allergies, attention deficit disorder, autism, bronchitis, cancer, dyslexia, ear infections, herpes, hyperactivity, epilepsy, autoimmune disorders, diabetes and other immunological and neurological problems.
- Death. “MDs invented the term ‘sudden infant death syndrome’ to explain away the ‘coincidence’ that babies die about the same time they receive vaccines.” — Harris Coulter, PhD
- Vaccines put your grandchildren at risk. When a girl is vaccinated, she does not develop natural immunity — years later, when she gets pregnant, she is not able to give her unborn child as much protection.
- Non-vaccinated children are healthier. Acute illnesses such as childhood diseases, and even colds and flu are associated with decreased cancer, stroke and heart disease incidence later in life.Vaccines are ineffective; they make children chronically ill, kill babies, interfere with transplacental immunity, and increase risk for cancer, heart disease and stroke. Non-vaccinated children are healthier than vaccinated children. Vaccination will join bloodletting, leeches, hot irons, cow dung, eugenics and other bizarre health beliefs and interventions of the past.
Tedd Koren, DC, created the Koren Specific Technique, and the above opinions are from his book “Childhood Vaccination — Questions All Parents Should Ask.” For more info go to korenpublications.com.
Weigh in with your Point-Counterpoint on the importance of vaccination— see the latest topic, write a 300-word or less response and possibly have your opinion appear in the next issue of Chiropractic Economics — go to facebook.com/ChiroEcoMag