January 13, 2015 — Sherman College of Chiropractic will welcome future doctors of chiropractic to campus on Friday and Saturday, Jan. 30-31, for its Showcase Sherman event. Guests will discover why Fast Company, Forbes, Career Cast, and other organizations have named chiropractic as a top job and see what sets Sherman apart as a leader in chiropractic education.
According to the Bureau of Labor and Statistics, chiropractic employment opportunities are growing faster than average for all occupations, and employment is expected to increase by 28 percent this decade. Sherman College’s doctor of chiropractic program is unique in its approach to healthcare and is known for producing DCs who are highly skilled in their delivery of care.
Showcase Sherman Weekend, a two-day event for prospective students and college advisors, is designed to ignite a passion for leadership and help students begin their pursuit of a career in the health and wellness field of chiropractic. Showcase events are available once a quarter; additional dates for 2015 are May 1-2, July 24-25, and October 9-10. The college also hosts personalized tours and visits to campus each week.
During Showcase Sherman, visitors will tour the campus, including the on-campus Chiropractic Health Center. They will also speak with current students about the curriculum and learn about the academic program, campus community, financial aid, and housing options.
Highlights from the weekend include:
- A welcome session with Sherman College President Edwin Cordero, DC
- Leadership experiences geared toward preparing students to be confident and effective leaders through team building, planning, and decision-making
- Palpation demonstration given by Sherman faculty members and leading interns
- Passion-filled roundtable discussions with practicing chiropractors
- A campus tour, including Sherman’s Chiropractic Health Center
- Personalized local apartment tour
Source: Sherman College of Chiropractic