May 25, 2016—At the New Beginnings Chiropractic Philosophy Weekend, held May 19-21, Life University President Guy F. Riekeman, DC, was presented with the New Beginnings Chiropractic Lifetime Achievement Award. This weekend was especially significant for New Beginnings, as they were celebrating their 25th anniversary.
“Dr. Guy Riekeman is by far the strongest leader that Chiropractic has today, bar-none,” said James Dubel, New Beginnings founder . “There is no one more on-purpose and on-principle for the profession than Dr. Riekeman, and when it was brought before the 14-member New Beginnings Executive Board, it was a unanimous decision that he would receive our lifetime achievement award.”
At the event, videos were shown from many chiropractic leaders around the world who took the time to acknowledge and congratulate Riekeman on the well-deserved honor, including ones from the presidents of the New Zealand College of Chiropractic, Sherman College, Life West, and many more. Also touching was the presence of his daughter, son-in-law and grandson, who flew to from Colorado to attend the New Jersey based event.
“I am very honored and humbled to receive the New Beginnings Lifetime Achievement Award,” said Riekeman. “All of the good things people said about me at the presentation were not only of my doing, but required a whole team dedicated to a common goal and purpose – spreading the profession of Chiropractic around the world. And although it feels great to reflect on everything we have accomplished thus far, I am even more excited about what lies ahead tomorrow and beyond in our journey.”
Riekeman’s accomplishments for the chiropractic profession are numerous, with some of the most notable including:
- Serving as the Vice President at Sherman College, the President and Chancellor of Palmer University System and current President of Life University.
- Creating the first ever chiropractic patient educational programs on video in 1977.
- Creating the first chiropractic college in South America in Brazil while president at Palmer College.
- Spearheading the first chiropractic programs in China, Italy and Costa Rica, potentially opening the door to chiropractic for more than 2 billion people.
- Leading Life University to become the largest single campus chiropractic college in the world, as well as the thought leader in vitalistic healthcare and Chiropractic.
- Forming The Rubicon Group, a consortium of chiropractic educational educations that envisage universal access to chiropractic care for improved performance, the enrichment of life potential, greater health and well-being.
- Creating the first chiropractic care clinic in conjunction with Atlanta Birth Center.
Source: Life University