Insuring your chiropractic table can give you peace of mind, and it might be worth your time and money to secure a policy.
There are many reasons to insure your table, including:
- You don’t have a lot of capital to afford costly repairs or replacements up front.
- You don’t want to put expensive table repairs on a credit card or other credit line.
- You want to avoid the stress of unexpected table repairs during a financially difficult time.
- You want to know you’re able to immediately repair your table regardless of your financial situation.
Where to insure
While how much you can afford to pay is purely individual, there are a few different insurance services available for protecting your chiropractic table. One option is to go through the table manufacturer itself, if it is offered. A major benefit of insuring with the manufacturer is that the company is more than familiar with their own products, making them a great resource should an issue arise.
Another alternative is to purchase insurance through a third party, possibly one that will cover all of its contents, which is what Jason Hare, DC, does at Pure Chiropractic. “Our clinic carries…insurance which covers tables, computers, furniture, radiology equipment,” and more, he explains. He goes on to say, “the same policy [also] gives us public liability coverage if someone injures themselves on our property.” By rolling all of these insurance protections into one, you deal with one company for multiple types of claims, and you may even saving some money with multiple policy discounts.
Know before you buy
Aside from asking for the monthly cost of insurance, there are other questions you need to ask about the policy:
- What does the policy cover and not cover?
- Is the policy effective date the date of purchase or the first day of the following month?
- How much is the deductible (if any)?
- What is the claims process? 1
Purchasing insurance requires must be the right move for you, provide more pros than cons, and that it be through a company that offers what you want for the cost you’re willing to pay. As long as it fits these guidelines, then deciding to buy it is an easy decision—one that could offer you some valuable mental and financial protection along the way.
1 Christina Costa. “Reasons to Buy Insurance.” Streetdirectory.com. http://www.streetdirectory.com/travel_guide/200190/insurance/reasons_to_buy_insurance.html. Published May 2008. Accessed December 2015.