More people than ever are beginning to ask their chiropractors about the benefits and efficacy of CBD pain relief
“Where are you sore?” With more than a fifth of American adults reporting some form of discomfort, this question is a good place to start.
In addition to previously relied-upon treatment options, however, more people than ever are beginning to ask their chiropractors about the benefits and efficacy of CBD oil. How does CBD pain relief work? How can it help? How can people trust the product they’re buying?
CBD one in more than 100
Cannabidiol (CBD) is just one of more than 100 naturally-occurring phytocannabinoids found within the cannabis plant. Well-tolerated by people and animals alike (according to the World Health Organization), it is non-toxic and non-psychoactive (i.e., it doesn’t get people “high”).
CBD interacts with the body through the endocannabinoid system (ECS), which helps regulate immune function, pain, sleep, mood, motor control, metabolism, and memory, among other functions. The ECS includes millions of cannabinoid receptors to aid the body in achieving homeostasis – a condition of internal stability. In short, the human body is designed to respond to CBD pain relief.
CBD for health and wellness
Multiple studies have shown CBD to have beneficial properties to support health and wellness. In fact, CBD has been patented by the U.S. government as an antioxidant and neuroprotectant.
With the majority of physical pain stemming from or exacerbated by inflammation, CBD is certainly an option both chiropractors and patients should consider. And as ongoing research continues to reveal, those who suffer from psychological/emotional pain tend to experience more pronounced physical pain, so CBD may support pain abatement from these causes, as well.
CBD for physical discomfort
Athletes, people suffering from an old or new injury, elders and the aging, physical laborers, and many more have a new option to feel better. Topical CBD interacts with cannabinoid receptors under the skin, providing acute relief and supporting their desired level of physical activity. Ingestible CBD provides similar effects at the whole-body level rather than locally, as when applied topically to a specific area.
Others who may benefit from topical or ingestible CBD include:
- Anyone suffering from muscle or joint irritation;
- People who enjoy an active lifestyle;
- Those seeking to enhance physical performance;
- Anyone looking to boost their body’s naturally-occurring defenses against physical stress and fatigue;
- Those with vulnerable immune or central nervous systems;
- People dealing with minor skin irritations, blemishes, and bruises.
CBD quality and reliability
Understanding what CBD is and how it works is only half the battle. From there, finding a consistently reliable, quality CBD product becomes paramount for CBD pain relief. CBD oil quality indicators include:
- Organically-grown Hemp – Only buy CBD products from manufacturers who are committed to organic growing practices and whose farmers have a proven knowledge base and clear understanding of organic farming.
- U.S. Grown – Unfortunately, some CBD products originate from hemp plants grown overseas used to clean toxins from contaminated soil. Since hemp is a highly-effective bioaccumulator, it has become standard practice to use it for this purpose in some countries. While cleaning the earth is a great thing, making topicals or ingestibles from contaminated hemp plants is a sketchy, for-profit practice. Companies that sell such products should be avoided at all cost. Know where the plants that made your products come from.
- Full-plant / Full-spectrum – “Full-spectrum” CBD utilizes whole-plant cannabinoid compounds rather than extracting any one specific molecule, cannabinoid, or compound. These compounds work together to achieve a higher level of effectiveness than any one of them alone.
- Third-party Testimonials – Find out what others are saying about a given CBD oil company and its products from online reviews or other sources. How are people responding to it? What difference is it making for them?
Ultimately, people have many choices when seeking to effectively address and combat pain and discomfort to find CBD pain relief.
While some of the benefits of CBD have been known for the last century, new research, availability, and public interest have created a fresh opportunity for those who have never experienced it for themselves to explore its therapeutic potential.
ALLISON TAYLOR is EVP of sales and education at Receptra Naturals, a family-owned Colorado hemp CBD extract company dedicated to improving quality of life worldwide. Learn more at www.ReceptraNaturals.com.