Find the CBD best brands, then narrow your search with these criteria for finding the best CBD for your practice
You can sit back and wait for other chiropractors to take charge and provide CBD recommendations to their patients, or you can do something about it. With the CBD market and research still in its infancy, there are many patients that are eager to learn about CBD. Patients are curious to see how CBD can help them cope with their discomfort and will turn to you for recommendations.
Many chiropractors have already entered the CBD market by carrying CBD products in their clinics. With many CBD brands in the market, education is essential, and unfortunately the CBD sales representatives seldom know more about CBD than you do. Nonetheless, many popular CBD brands provide great infographics, testimonials and even hold community meet-ups to help educate the broader population. All of these are great resources for you to utilize for learning about CBD best brands and benefits.
There are also many great learning opportunities that can be found online through CBD academies, local meet-ups, webinars and events within the chiropractor network.
Which CBD brand should I carry in my clinic?
With new CBD brands being introduced daily to the market it has become more difficult to select the right CBD brand. At the end of the day, your patients trust your recommendation and you are placing your name behind the product. Many of the CBD brands are eager to give samples to encourage sales.
Samples unfortunately don’t account for inconsistencies in the production processes, making it difficult to say which brands will provide consistent results to your patients.
There are several steps you can take before making a decision on the CBD best brands to carry:
- Ask the brand representatives to educate you about their entire manufacturing process, so you know the brand inside and out. It is important to understand:
a. Where their hemp is grown?
b. What method is used for extraction?
c. Who bottles and distributes CBD before it gets into your clinic?
- Obtaining lab results for each of the products is critical in your CBD brand selection process.
- Ask the brand representative to walk you through the lab result sheet. This will help you get comfortable with ensuring the brand conducted the necessary testing.
- Check how long it takes you to receive the initial order of products and also subsequent re-orders.
- If re-orders take a long time you need to know how long in advance the orders need to be placed so you don’t disappoint your customers when your product runs out.
How to conduct proper due diligence?
Patient’s value your chiropractic expertise and your ability to help aid the patient in their recovery process. Having CBD available in your clinic allows patients to pick up the items you recommend while on the way out from their appointment.
But what happens when their next appointment is not for another couple of weeks? How does a patient get a refill on their CBD pain gel or CBD oil to help them with the pain? What if your clinic runs out or you have no way to provide the CBD to your patients? All of these negatively affect the patient experience and satisfaction. To avoid such negative consequences, work with CBD brands that can keep your shelves stocked and also help get your patients their CBD delivered straight to their door.
In your due-diligence process take the following steps before you agree to carry their product:
- Ask the brand representative about the availability of the product and their coverage areas.
- Do your research online to see what others are saying about the CBD brand, both on the brand website and on external qualified sources.
- Read customer reviews to help you understand the quality of the product from a customer perspective.
- Read expert opinions on qualified blogs and review sites to understand both positives and potential negatives about the brand.
- Call the CBD brand customer support and ask them questions as if you were a customer.
You know your patient’s needs best, and your thorough due diligence in selecting the right CBD brand will only improve the overall patient experience.
How can I engage with my patients after they leave my clinic?
Typically, the only time you get to engage with your patients is when they are at your clinic. Increasing engagement with your patients has shown to increase customer satisfaction, lead to increased retention and higher lifetime value.
As a chiropractor working with patients that use CBD you should aim to proactively educate your customer, check-in with patients over the phone, send out periodic newsletters, and even offer CBD products on your website. Providing your patients service such as same-day CBD delivery is a very unique value proposition and one that consumers are becoming increasingly used to from mainstream service providers.
Mikhail Reznik is a supply chain technology entrepreneur who graduated from the University of Chicago with an Executive MBA. He is also a former CPA specializing in financial solutions and has extensive experience serving clients in the consumer products, retail services, wholesale, manufacturing, and technology industries. He is the co-founder of LeafyQuick, the “Grubhub of CBD,” focused on extending last-mile delivery service to CBD brands and chiropractor offices. He can be reached at leafyquick.com.