October 7, 2011 — The American Chiropractic Association (ACA) today announced its 2011 award recipients, who were honored during ACA’s recent annual meeting, held Sept. 14-18 in Portland, Ore.
ACA’s annual awards are given to outstanding volunteer members and other individuals for their contributions to the chiropractic profession.
The association’s highest honor, the Chiropractor of the Year Award, was presented to Immediate Past-President Rick McMichael, DC, of Canton, Ohio. The award recognizes exceptional service, achievement and/or leadership to the profession. McMichael exhibited all of these and more during his two-year term as ACA president, while also fostering a spirit of increased cooperation and unity of action among ACA and other chiropractic groups.
Charles C. DuBois, president of Standard Process, received the Humanitarian of the Year Award, recognizing his support of the chiropractic profession and also his personal dedication to healthy habits and wellness. DuBois’ role in helping to develop tomorrow’s leaders through his student scholarship program also contributed to his selection.
Other 2011 award recipients include:
- Roni Evans, DC, dean of research, Northwestern Health Sciences University, and director, Wolfe-Harris Center for Clinical Studies, the George B. McClelland, DC, Researcher of the Year Award
- Paul Dougherty, DC, professor, New York Chiropractic College, Academic of the Year Award
- H. William Wolfson, DC, of Commack, N.Y., Delegate of the Year Award
- John Ventura, DC, of Rochester, N.Y., Alternate Delegate of the Year Award
- Robert Sheely, DC, of Trenton, Ohio, Flynn-Lynch Award, recognizing a member of the HOD who has served fewer than five years.
“Despite the fast pace of our association and its work, it’s important to take a moment each year to recognize the volunteers and other individuals who go above and beyond to advance the chiropractic profession,” said ACA President Dr. Keith Overland. “Dedicated, passionate volunteers and supporters are truly vital to our success.”
Photos of award winners available upon request by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: American Chiropractic Association, www.acatoday.org