Sherman names chiropractor of the year, other award recipients
* Career Advisor of the Year Justin Snider, DC Laurens, S.C.
* Distinguished Service Award Felicia Stewart, DC Rock Hill, S.C.
* Lay Person of the Year Yvonne Russell, PhD Commerce, Texas
* Rising Star Levi Pulver, DC Spring Lake, Mich.
* Service to Sherman College Robert Irwin, DC Hendersonville, N.C.
* Service to the Profession Ray Drury, DC Charlotte, N.C.
* Spirit of Sherman College Frank Hahn, DC Franklin Park, N.J.
James Dubel, DC, of Middletown/Red Bank, N.J., was named Chiropractor of the Year, an honor bestowed
Dubel is founder and has served as coordinator of New Beginning for a New Future, a chiropractic philosophy program, since 1990. In addition, Dubel has guest lectured at several chiropractic colleges, including Sherman, and is a certified chiropractic continuing education speaker who has held the platform at various national, state and local chiropractic organizations.
He has served the profession in this capacity in addition to being director of Health in Hand Chiropractic Center in Middletown/Red Bank since 1980, when he graduated from Palmer College of Chiropractic.
Lake Elmo, Minn., chiropractor John Hilpisch, DC, was named Regent of the Year for the second year in a row in recognition of his efforts to raise money for the college by growing the Board of Regents.
Sherman College’s Regent of the Year designation is an honor bestowed upon a member of the Board of Regents for his or her outstanding and continuous advancement of Sherman College through participation on the Board of Regents.
Hilpisch serves as chairman of Sherman’s Board of Trustees. He is active in fundraising for the college and referred four new Regents to Sherman last year and one so far this year.
Hilpisch is a 1987 graduate of Northwestern College of Chiropractic. He owns and operates Hilpisch Upper Cervical Chiropractic, Inc., in Lake Elmo, Minn. He
Source: Sherman College of Chiropractic, www.sherman.edu